• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Malach

Malach

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationRoseville California

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

Hi, so I have been trying to apply e17 themes to my desktop in Bodhi 3.0. I have used the same process in 2.4 and it worked great with the same themes downloaded from the same source (e17-stuff.org). I import the themes from my Download directory and when I click apply it seems to try and apply it and then it just comes back to the default theme.

I have read as much of the documentation as is available to me now through your links and haven't yet been able to figure this out. A quick web search found the same question posted on a more generic linux forum, however with no answer available.

Is there a different process from 2.4 that I need to follow?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

It sounds like whatever E theme you are trying to use does not support the latest version of E17 - which is E17.6. When E gets a non-functional theme it falls back to the default.

Bodhi 2.4.0 is forever stuck on E17.3 due to some issues the transition from 17.3 to 17.6 has.

~Jeff

#3 Malach

Malach

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

Ok, that makes sense to me, I will just be sure to only try and apply e17.6 themes when using Bodhi 3.0. Thank you so much for the quick answer.

#4 Malach

Malach

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

Thanks again, I finally found some themes that would work using synaptic package manager. I hadn't been able to before. I am really starting to enjoy this operating system. You guys rock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users