3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

This evening I restructured the forum based on the layout I had mentioned in a post earlier this week.

The forums have also grown cluttered over the years with old topics. In an effort to prevent thread necromancy I've archived all existing threads and intend to do this at least once every other year. If a thread you are still posting to was archived in this process, please message myself or one of the moderators and we will move it back to the correct section in the new structure.

Thanks for using Bodhi and supporting the forums.

Cheers,
~Jeff

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Sitting Fox

Sitting Fox

• Team
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

Hey Jeff,

With this new setup, I notice many of the thread makers for the New User Support section do not state which version of Bodhi they are using.

Maybe a pinned thread that is titled something like "Say which version of Bodhi you use" that says more inside (informing them of different versions maybe). Or just making a helpful guidelines thread for asking for help in general there that includes stating your Bodhi version. Could maybe link to some basic how-to's in it or explain some common terms that might come up. ("What's an md5sum?" and such.)

Was just a thought to make life a little easier on everyone involved.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

If someone knew to post what version of Bodhi they were using they would be posting in the support forum for the right version. The new user forum is a catch all for folks who have no idea where to get started.

~Jeff

#4 Sitting Fox

Sitting Fox

• Team
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

Heya Jeff,

I suppose that's a fair point. :lol: :)

Though the thought comes to mind that new users may simply be drawn by the "New User" title. Many seem to know the version if you ask. Just kind of draws things out a bit more, and then you might write up something to help that doesn't apply if you assume the wrong version.

The idea is more of a guideline-y thing, as opposed to a forced "or else" thing.

But it's alright if it's not thought to be fitting to do or worth doing. That's OK.

Edited by Sitting Fox, 06 February 2015 - 10:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users