Share your Desktop

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#141 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:20 PM

Nobody will bother you with silly requests to borrow your laptop when they see linux on it. They will, however be curious about the theme you have, the gray one with the "bouncy ball bearings". Charge them a fee if it's missing even one ball bearing.

When I saw a post pointing out 17.6 was the latest I thought well we got this neutral-like theme while you are "in-between" Bodhi themes; grab black chrome from exchange.enlightenment.org: 2il8AgnyrWTB.jpg

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#142 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:42 AM

This is what I've been showing off when I get asked about using Linux.

d0L2VGt.png

I can combine parts and pieces of 3 themes to get what I want.  You guys delivered, when you forked e-17  to Moksha. You brought back all the good stuff. Keep up the good work.

I am not a huge Ubuntu fan, but this is working for me.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#143 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1581 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

Super nice icon set in file manager. Tell me the name please. I only dont like the theme bug which is easy to fix. I mean the ugly systray white background. Tell me the theme name. I will repair it...

#144 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

Super nice icon set in file manager. Tell me the name please. I only dont like the theme bug which is easy to fix. I mean the ugly systray white background. Tell me the theme name. I will repair it...

Icon theme is "Glass". 

About the system tray. At one time I could right click on it and get the normal module settings dialogue and could change it from inset to plain which sometimes helped. But now no matter how I try I can't get the right click dialogue. I'm using the "A-Genesis2" theme for the tray.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#145 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

And thanks it would be nice to have it fixed.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#146 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1581 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:47 PM

Randy: need more time to play with A-Genesis2 theme but here you are the first attempt. It is more polished now although not perfect (systray module issues)

Alternate_vertical style:

http://i.imgur.com/Zl529pi.png

Default style:

http://i.imgur.com/u4tTU8b.png

Enjoy and wait for git commit or later deb package hopefully (lack of time these days). 

#147 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1581 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

OK. Commited

https://github.com/t...iter/A-Genesis2

If you want to use it today, clone the git repo, ./build.sh and copy edj theme to the e theme folder. It is up to you...

Enjoy :)

#148 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:42 PM

Thank you! It looks much  better! I'll clone it and give it a go!

Thanks again!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#149 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:53 PM

Much better!

K5HaWRJ.png

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#150 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:58 AM

i think those fonts in the file manager can be smaller, unless adjusting it messes up everything else? Looks good though. Now carry the above iso on 4G USB stick and challenge them to enter a world without windows ;)

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

#151 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1581 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:27 AM

BTW: I haven't found that glass icon set in repository. Can you point me where I get it? Thanx

#152 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

BTW: I haven't found that glass icon set in repository. Can you point me where I get it? Thanx

I got them from gnome-look.org

https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1012112/

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#153 Namaste

Namaste

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

Still on Windows, but just downloaded the Bodhi ISO, ... trying to get up the nerve to put Bodhi on my old laptop,

but i made a wallpaper for when i do...

Feel free to use, modify etc :)

bodhi_wallpaper_by_hroomha-dae5up7.png

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary.

Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.

Buddha

#154 Belikewater

Belikewater

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Nice! cmon get rid of Windows :P

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it [Bruce Lee]

#155 Namaste

Namaste

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:23 PM

I'm searching all over on how to do it,  got the ISO on a stick, trying to find out if Bodhi will format

all the windows stuff off for me etc.

Stepping into light

A new path opens

Trying out Bodhi....

Buddha

#156 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:39 AM

no stress namaste; no rush either. I dual booted for a while--a LOOOONG while --until I realized that I was getting new hardware anyway. I left Windows on the old system, and the new hardware NEVER had anything from Redmond EVER. The nvidia on the new system only gave me enlightenment. On dual displays.

All the guides will tell you that the installer will offer you the choice to do a total wipe of the system and just put Bodhi by itself, OR install Bodhi but leave the good stuff in there (we call side-by-side). It only gets tricky with what I consider "special needs" e.g. disk encryption, and other things that could turn a straightforward install into a daunting challenge.

I think I'm going to use that wallpaper. Thanks Namaste :)

Have you tried running a live Bodhi session, off the USB stick? It will be good practice.

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

#157 Namaste

Namaste

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:28 AM

I tried Mint off the stick on my main comp, but found out it is too heavy for the laptop.

I'll try Bodhi on the laptop today and see how it goes :)

Sadly my good comp is making strange noises, so it looks like its sink or swim time heh.

Buddha

#158 wimc

wimc

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

Just using the default, suites me for now, do plan on adding image of my own.

www.fnctn.net - My computer - Dell XPS 8910 (tower), Bodhi Linux 4.2.0-64 (no other OS), Intel Core I7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB ram, 1 TB HDD, Nvidia Gefore GTX 750 Ti with 2 GB, 27" display at 1920x1080 res.

Parents computer - Dell XPS 8700 (tower), Bodhi Linux 4.2.0-64 (no other OS), Intel Core I7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 GHz, 8 GB ram, 1 TB HDD, Nvidia Gefore GT 720 with 4 GB (1GB standard, 3 GB shared), 27" display at 1920x1080 res.

#159 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

my good comp is making strange noises, so it looks like its sink or swim time.

Don't install anything; in fact, this would be ideal to run liveCDs for test drives instead of making install plans that could go either way. I especially try the other desktop window managers, but I'm already biased. If one of them ever runs as lean as this, I'd make sure to store some persistent data and preset configurations

#160 Namaste

Namaste

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

Tried Live from USB on laptop, just not a good enuff comp to run Bodhi, maybe puppy would work on it.

I ran Bodhi on a better comp, but it seemed a little "too" lean for me, so installed Mint ::ducks::

Peace out...

Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users