5 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy

Timmy

Resident Know-It-All

• Moderators
  • 1419 posts
  • LocationSkåne, Sweden

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

I just added Bumblebee to the unstable repo and would like testers.

Happy hacking.

``Every time I see some piece of medical research saying that caffeine is good for you, I high-five myself. Because I'm going to live forever.'' — Linus Torvalds
``Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.'' — Greg King
0DF7C09A

The Bodhi Linux Wiki

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Deepspeed

Deepspeed

Sir Creeps-a-lot

• Developer
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Nice.

We were posting updates to the repos here before the forum restructuring, but since this section is now labeled as being for support, I was posting stuff like this in the bodhi news category. Whatever we do, we need to keep it consistent.

mods... can you move either my post or timmy's to keep things sane?

#3 Timmy

Timmy

Resident Know-It-All

• Moderators
  • 1419 posts
  • LocationSkåne, Sweden

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

I don't know what is more sane, I do know though that your post should not be in this subforum since it's a post about the main repo whereas this subforum talks about the unstable repo.

Maybe there should be a subforum about new things in main, or do we just want them in the regular support forum?

``Every time I see some piece of medical research saying that caffeine is good for you, I high-five myself. Because I'm going to live forever.'' — Linus Torvalds
``Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.'' — Greg King
0DF7C09A

The Bodhi Linux Wiki

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12437 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Unless there is a huge demand for a certain piece of software that has been added - I do not really think we need a release post for every piece of software that gets added to the mainline repo. Existing users will see automatic updates via the package manager. Maybe we should take to Joris about adding a feed somewhere on the website for package updates/addition in main?

I like the idea of creating threads for software in the unstable repo so there is a base for posting issues/confirming the software works before promoting it to the main line.

~Jeff

#5 Deepspeed

Deepspeed

Sir Creeps-a-lot

• Developer
  • 543 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:14 AM

A feed on the site sounds good.

Until then, I'll just post what I've done with the repos in that same thread I started in the news category so we don't end up with tons of threads.

Anybody else who adds something to 3.0 main can post there, too.

#6 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

I just added Bumblebee to the unstable repo and would like testers.

Happy hacking.

edit
I have it installed and running with no issues so far!

I was wrong I must of still had bumblebee installed from the testing repo.

This is what I get when I try to install from the unstable repo...

Posted Image

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users