Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

Added another ePad update to unstable. Now with support for multiple files:

Posted Image

Works well here in my testing. Hopefully others find the same :)

~Jeff

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

ePad gained undo/redo this afternoon:

Posted Image

I've added ePad 0.9.0 to the main repo after some more testing - seems reliable. If we hit issues please let me know so I can sort them before the 3.0.0 release later this month :)

~Jeff

#23 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

Is it ok the bold font for the text?
Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#24 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

Is it ok the bold font for the text?

I'm not sure what you mean. ePad doesn't currently support font selection.

~Jeff

#25 Josea

Josea

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

I am running version 0.9.0, If I create a txt file in bodhi and use search it works great. If I try to search a txt file created in MS wordpad (windows 7) that is copied to my Bodhi hard drive search does not work.
i see a box that says : text computer not found (if I search for computer which is in the file at least twice. I have tried with case sensitive on and off as well as pressing enter or clicking find next)
Also unrelated:

If I want to open multiple files do I simply click open and choose the various files 1 at a time?
TIA Joe

Dell D610 Bhodi 3.0.0  E19.3 2 GB RAM 80 GB HDD Pentium M Broadcom WIFI
Asus G73JH-A1 ATI 5870M Dual Boot Win 7 Bodhi 3.0.0 64 BIT

#26 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

Can you upload the file you are trying to search to somewhere I can download it from so I can see the formatting it uses? Must be using something that doesn't convert to UTF8 cleanly.

If I want to open multiple files do I simply click open and choose the various files 1 at a time?
TIA Joe

Currently that is how it works. You can also launch ePad from the command line with multiple files as arguments. I'm adding "select multiple files" to the TODO list for the file selector widget ePad uses. Now that ePad supports multiple files it would be a good option to have.

~Jeff

#27 FameWolf

FameWolf

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

You've been putting some serious work into epad..it's really coming along!

#28 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

You've been putting some serious work into epad..it's really coming along!

Thanks :) the issue you had with the super large file (40k+ lines) is actually a bug in elementary (the core library Bodhi/ePad use) and it is getting addressed by the E team. Hopefully soon. Phab ticket here -> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T2088

~Jeff

#29 Josea

Josea

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

I tried searching a different txt file from my win 7 box and it work fine in epad. (see post 25 above) I image that file was just buggy and am sure epad is working perfectly. the file contains all my passwords so I am going to recreate it just to be safe. Thanks for your offer to look into it deeper but I am sure the issue is on my end

Dell D610 Bhodi 3.0.0  E19.3 2 GB RAM 80 GB HDD Pentium M Broadcom WIFI
Asus G73JH-A1 ATI 5870M Dual Boot Win 7 Bodhi 3.0.0 64 BIT

#30 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1575 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

I have just used epad 0.9.3 and have to ask if I come across a bug. When I open a file, whenever I click on "save" button, the name of file lose left char. I can see that name in titile bar and tab as well.

Another question for improve: I assume the save button should be disabled when no changes were in the file. It should change to enabled after some new changes.

#31 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

The title bug should be fixed in version 0.9.3bodhi2 of epad. It was broken as you described in the build before this.

Disabling the save button when the file is currently saved is a good idea. Will look into that.

#32 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

I've added ePad 0.9.4 to the repo this evening with save button toggling based on if you can save the file. Let me know if you see any issues with it - seems to work here in my limited testing.

Good idea :)

#33 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1575 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

I've tested ePad. It seems to be OK

#34 jls_legalize

jls_legalize

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFirenze, italy

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

I'm tring to open a file but I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "efl/evas/efl.evas_object_smart.pxi", line 426, in efl.evas._smart_callback (efl/evas/efl.evas.c:78656)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/elmextensions/fileselector.py", line 618, in actionButtonPressed
    self.actionCallback(self, "%s%s"%(self.filepathEntry.text, self.fileEntry.text))
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 423, in fileSelected
    self.addFile(file_selected)
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 307, in addFile
    entryBox.openFile(filePath)
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 777, in openFile
    self.takeSnapShot()
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 659, in takeSnapShot
    entryGet = self.mainEn.entry_get()
  File "efl/elementary/entry.pxi", line 472, in efl.elementary.__init__.Entry.entry_get (efl/elementary/__init__.c:66130)
  File "efl/utils/conversions.pyx", line 41, in efl.utils.conversions._ctouni (efl/utils/conversions.c:937)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe0 in position 140: invalid continuation byte
  File "efl/evas/efl.evas_object_smart.pxi", line 426, in efl.evas._smart_callback (efl/evas/efl.evas.c:78656)
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 725, in curChanged
    tmp_text = markup_to_utf8(entry.entry_get())
  File "efl/elementary/entry.pxi", line 472, in efl.elementary.__init__.Entry.entry_get (efl/elementary/__init__.c:66130)
  File "efl/utils/conversions.pyx", line 41, in efl.utils.conversions._ctouni (efl/utils/conversions.c:937)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe0 in position 140: invalid continuation byte
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 725, in curChanged
    tmp_text = markup_to_utf8(entry.entry_get())

#35 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Is the file something you can share? Based on the error message it looks like it contains characters Elementary's entry object is unable to load.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users