Photo

E20 in unstable?

Best Answer Jeff, 17 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

E20 isn't an actual release yet and won't be for awhile. Those packages are early git snapshots that will not be representative of what E20 will actually end up looking like until it is much closer to a release date.

That "article" is just an example of a click bait headline trying to get folks excited over a larger version number and not much else. I don't plan to start building early snapshots of what will become E20 until there are significant differences between between it and the current E19 desktop.

As for your comment about XFCE panel and Mint - that is likely the same thing I mentioned here, namely the xfce-panel package is over writing settings it shouldn't be in relation to xdg/enlightenment open commands.

~Jeff

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FameWolf

FameWolf

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Just curious what advantages e20 would give over e19.   Also these instructions do NOT work for bodhi since a couple of critical files exist in both e19 and e20 and it refuses to upgrade them.  Just wondering if there's a chance it could be added to unstable?

http://ubuntuportal....4-04-14-10.html

I attempted installing the bodhi-desktop to ubuntu 14.04 on my Linux Mint 17.1 xfce laptop using the wiki doc and it appeared to work however the desktop has part of a menu showing in upper left of screen you can only partially get to and it does not appear to go away.  Additionally clicking to load the "package manager" from the menu results in an error stating no running instance of xfce4-panel found...kinda abandoned it at that point and figured I'd just backup the data then do a fresh install of bodhi when the final releases.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12437 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:36 AM   Best Answer

E20 isn't an actual release yet and won't be for awhile. Those packages are early git snapshots that will not be representative of what E20 will actually end up looking like until it is much closer to a release date.

That "article" is just an example of a click bait headline trying to get folks excited over a larger version number and not much else. I don't plan to start building early snapshots of what will become E20 until there are significant differences between between it and the current E19 desktop.

As for your comment about XFCE panel and Mint - that is likely the same thing I mentioned here, namely the xfce-panel package is over writing settings it shouldn't be in relation to xdg/enlightenment open commands.

~Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users