Photo

How do I change Module and Application Icons?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

How do I change Module and Application Icons?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Mojz3sz

Mojz3sz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

Go to Main Menu > Settings > Settings Panel. On the Look Tab choose Application Theme.

There You will have Icons Tab, choose your icon pack, then Apply changes and... that should be it :)

Best regards

Mojz3sz

#3 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

Go to Main Menu > Settings > Settings Panel. On the Look Tab choose Application Theme.

There You will have Icons Tab, choose your icon pack, then Apply changes and... that should be it :)

Hi Mo,

Thanks for the quick response; however, not quite what I was looking for. I want to know how to change the icon of a single application or module.

For example, I dont like the battery icon. So, I want to change it without it effecting any other icons.

Thanks,

Dennis

#4 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Talk to Duma, you'll have to revamp your theme. I believe he has written some posts about reconfiguring themes.

It was nice in e-17 you could use the advance button in settings/all/look/theme and interchange modules with different themes. But it looks like they discontinued this in e-19.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#5 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

I remember the setting in 2.4 but couldn't seem to find it. Now I know why. That sucks if we will have to edit edj files just to change a module icon.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

All module icons are theme controlled. To edit them you need to change your theme.

@Randy - the "advanced" feature was removed because themes are now handled by elementary, not E directly.

#7 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

the "advanced" feature was removed because themes are now handled by elementary, not E directly.

That is a very unfornate loss. Complicates a relatively simple task.

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

That is a very unfornate loss. Complicates a relatively simple task.

It didn't complicate anything. Module icons have always been control by themes. You just can't mix and match themes manually any longer.

#9 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

It does from an end user point of view. Instead being able to grab two themes and pull the best elements from each via the UI...the user now has to decompress an edj file, find the code for the module, edit it, and recompile.

#10 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:11 AM

Hmmm - i too was surprised when i read this in a few posts here today.  one step forward and myabe one step back or less.  sometimes it may just be the smoothest way in developing this.

#11 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:24 AM

Its worth noting that in Moksha / E17 you CAN mix and match theme components using the theme tool (click the advanced option). This was one of the many things removed from E18+

• Kev likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users