Photo

[Poll] Port a GTK Theme for E19: which?

theme gtk

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: New E19 Theme part 2 (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTK Theme you want to be ported on E19 Theme?

1. Adwaita Theme (a.k.a. default GNOME 3 theme) (5 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Paper / Azure GTK Theme (Material Design, like Google Apps on Android 5.0) (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. XFCE Flat Looks (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. Voted SimpleX Theme (Ported by LostBumpkin with the name of Simplicis) (7 votes [23.33%])

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

5. Seriously, haven't got yet? YOU SUCK! Stop bother us! (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. Ambiance Dark Theme (Radiance for dark colors) (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

Hi guys, after the poll about the new e19 theme to do, here's the poll about what GTK Theme we like to have on E19.

As options for this poll I'll take the proposals done in the previous poll, but feel free to add other GTK theme during the theme, will be my duty add as option (maybe I won't take more than 7 options because there's not so many voters :D )

I am sorry but +1 GTK Theme, the GTK theme that inspired KL4K theme, doesn't work on recent GTK 3.14, so I've delete from the poll.

The poll will end Sunday 26 of April and the most voted will be ported.

IN CASE OF TIE (yeah, it seems could be a tie... :D ) I'll choose the theme I prefer :P

Here's the screenshot of the GTK themes:

ADWAITA Theme:
GTK-3-13-4-Features-a-Much-Improved-Adwa

Paper / Azure Theme (MATERIAL DESIGN):
paper-gtk-theme-awf-gtk3.png

XFCE FLAT LOOK:
166461-1.png

SIMPLEX Theme:
simplex_1_2_3_by_nale12-d5rexco.png

AMBIANCE Dark Theme:

ambiance-dark-blue-1.jpg

Unleash the annoying theme stuff!!

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Wow!

All of these choices are great selections.

I haven't voted yet since I'm waiting for the "All of the above" option :D

#3 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

I haven't voted yet since I'm waiting for the "All of the above" option :D

And that option will be a April the 1st prank :P

#4 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

Forget to mention: the theme will have both the layout, left side and right side window buttons and I'll explain how to set the left sided button as default style for dialog and normal window style.

#5 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

May I suggest gtk theme wobachi; the light tones seem to complement Radiance well, Duma

http://gnome-look.or...?content=123324

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#6 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:37 PM

May I suggest gtk theme wobachi; the light tones seem to complement Radiance well, Duma
http://gnome-look.or...?content=123324

Does this theme have Gtk3 theme or is it only a Gtk2 theme? Without gtk 3 it isn't totally useful to get a unified look on e, and that is one out my forts goal when I'm developing a theme, sorry!

#7 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

Hi guys, after the discussion about the future of Bodhi and the use of E17 or E19, I'll decide soon if the new GTK port will be available for E17 or E19, depends which Version Bodhi will use by default.

By the way keep voting... try to reach at least 20 voters! :D

(Working on OpenGEU Theme, by the way: e-5527aabaeae743.08285743.jpg)

#8 DimParf

DimParf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

Good job, Duma. We look forward to your work. And especially the promised OpenGEU theme.  :)

#9 FameWolf

FameWolf

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

Duma,

Would you consider the following for sometime in the future?  I like it better than the default dark theme although I do still like my min/max/close icons on the right vs the left.  All your themes look great!

Ambiance Dark Blue Theme Feels Great And Better For Your Eyes

ambiance-dark-blue-1.jpg

ambiance-dark-blue-2.jpg

ambiance-dark-blue-3.jpg

• Kev likes this

#10 BeGo

BeGo

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBogor, Indonesia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

I vote for XFCE Flat, Especially the dark or transparent version, if available. :)

I am a lover of dark theme. Wellcome to the dark side! :)

#11 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

Duma,

Would you consider the following for sometime in the future?  I like it better than the default dark theme although I do still like my min/max/close icons on the right vs the left.  All your themes look great!

Ambiance Dark Blue Theme Feels Great And Better For Your Eyes

I'm not a fun of Dark Theme, but I suppose I can do later.

I've added your theme for the poll, who want can change his/her vote to make me port a Dark Version of Radiance (Ambiance Theme, more or less) ;)

#12 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Last days to vote your favorite GTK Theme that will be ported for BodhiLinux!!! Come on guys don't let me choose :P

By the way a quick update about the OpenGEU's themes: Edje part is ended, now I'm working on Elementary and, as always, I'll show you the first widget, alphabetically, that I've themed: the Action Slider!

e-5537dd3c004277.84025538.jpg

#13 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

Ok, the poll is closed and the Winner is... SIMPLEX THEME!

I'll look to use the Simplex port by LostBumpkin as base for my theme or rewritten from zero by my own.

Some quick FAQ:

Will be an E17 or E19 Theme?
I'll start with the version that Bodhi will use by default (I suppose will be E17), after that I'll consider to port for the other version. Probably E17 will have Ecomorph, so it will be very difficult that I'll come back to E19 for a while, if Bodhi will use E17 as main DE.

When will be ready?

It will be ready when it will be ended. At the moment I have to end the two OpenGEU Themes, come back to E17 give a look at the E17 OpenGEU Theme (and other bugs on Bodhi Forum Theme and Radiance), and start the Simplex Port, so it could be before the summer or later. No idea.

What about the other themes? Will others be ported ?

Let's see what happens after that port. It takes a while to do this and, generally, things change through the development of a Theme, so maybe will be released E20 and all will be changed... who knows?

#14 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

As an FYI E20 is not supposed to break theme compatibility. At least so I've been told.

#15 DimParf

DimParf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

Ok, the poll is closed and the Winner is... SIMPLEX THEME!

I'll look to use the Simplex port by LostBumpkin as base for my theme or rewritten from zero by my own.

Some quick FAQ:

Will be an E17 or E19 Theme?
I'll start with the version that Bodhi will use by default (I suppose will be E17), after that I'll consider to port for the other version. Probably E17 will have Ecomorph, so it will be very difficult that I'll come back to E19 for a while, if Bodhi will use E17 as main DE.

When will be ready?

It will be ready when it will be ended. At the moment I have to end the two OpenGEU Themes, come back to E17 give a look at the E17 OpenGEU Theme (and other bugs on Bodhi Forum Theme and Radiance), and start the Simplex Port, so it could be before the summer or later. No idea.

What about the other themes? Will others be ported ?

Let's see what happens after that port. It takes a while to do this and, generally, things change through the development of a Theme, so maybe will be released E20 and all will be changed... who knows?

Hi Duma, you porting OpenGEU Themes to E17 (Moksha)?

#16 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

Hi Duma, you porting OpenGEU Themes to E17 (Moksha)?

I've already ported the EDJE part of OpenGEU Theme years ago (check my DeviantART page)

BUT DON'T DO IT RIGHT NOW :D

Because I've ended right now ELM support on E19 (and ELM is the same in both the E version) and I'm uploading right now on Github my works for E19.

Tomorrow (for me now it's 2 am) I'll upload E19 version on DeviantART, install E17 and start to restore Opengeu and Simplex theme for E17 / Moksha ;)

Here's the Screenshot of the two themes ended, at the moment.

Sunshine Theme:

e-554bfd73a10f08.64551839.jpg

Moonlight Theme:

e-554bfd08b58910.91280564.jpg

#17 FameWolf

FameWolf

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:58 AM

That moonlight theme is wonderful but am I the only person that likes the old min, max, close boxes and having them on the right side?  All the new themes seem to have arrows or + and be on the left.

#18 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

That moonlight theme is wonderful but am I the only person that likes the old min, max, close boxes and having them on the right side?  All the new themes seem to have arrows or + and be on the left.

These themes are not new, they have 4-5 years :P

The themes have been chosen for the left-buttoned theme. :( Unfortunately the theme is build in a way that make not so easy change left button to right button, so I won't switch the theme.

As I promised before, next theme I'll make (Simplex port?) I'll do both the button layout and I'll explain how easily switch between them (with Remember...  options of E). ;)

#19 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

Working on SimplEx Theme: a quick updated:
Most of the EDJE Widget are themed, missing the modules and the ELM part.
At the moment the theme is lighter than default theme (1.9 MB vs 2.4 MB) :D
e-555a6ccd76ccc0.43609814.png

For all the courious and impatient, I upload my work on my github page: https://github.com/a...Themes/tree/E17

#20 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

Awesome duma! When you get a chance it might be worth looking at how your radiance E17 theme behaves with ecomorph's configuration panel. There are some awkwardly panels in it currently:

e-555b8294a961c9.45034909.jpg

Also - I'm not sure if it is a bug in the latest EFL / Elementary or the Radiance theme, but with EFL 1.14 (in the bodhi gitcha branch) the start button for the radiance theme does not display at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theme, gtk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users