So something I shared back during the 2.x days was a "family and friends" ISO image. Basically it was an ISO image that made my life easier when installing on computers for "real people". It contained a bunch of software I generally installed after the fact on new Bodhi systems for folks like my parents and wife.
Wanted to share a fresh ISO image I've created for 3.0.0 with a similar idea. You can find it here.
This is not an official ISO image, thus why it is hosted on its own source forge page. Some notes about this ISO image:
- Built on Bodhi 3.0.0 64bit
- Uses the E17 desktop
- Has ecomorph and some basic effects enabled by default - this means it runs a bit slow by default on virtual hardware, but is super snappy on anything with even a basic opengl graphics card
You will get a segfault when you first browse the applications menu on the live CD and on the installed system. Hit f1 and everything will be fine afterwards. Maybe I'll officially package the profile this uses, but until I find the effort to do that, hitting f1 isn't a big deal.
- No I will not be making a similar ISO image for non-PAE or 32bit
- No I will not make a custom ISO image for you with the software you want
- Yes you can make your own custom spin by using the bodhibuilder tool that comes pre-installed in Bodhi by default
Like it. Hate it. Use it. Don't use it. Like I said I find this disc useful for personal usage and figured some others out there might find it a small time saver as well.