122 replies to this topic

#21 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12325 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

Could just be that I'm partial to the Bodhi font, but I like that last one by Fox.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

What about replacing the "o" in moksha with the emblem and dropping "desktop". Just keep it one word, it would be on par with Gnome, Mate, Pantheon, Unity, Enlightment, Budgie, etc etc etc...

#23 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

Or...What about something like this, but with the Bodhi Font....(I do not have that)(found it):

Ikndn71.png

Edit: Obviously...based on Fox's idea. :)

Edit Edit: And the lines need to be tightened up.

Edit Edit Edit: added the other two ideas below.

KeQSF5q.png

and

MQ9YU85.png

#24 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

Remove the dark green with a lighter one and you will follow my idea totally :D

Or to keep things more minimalistic, no color, just the line of the lotus, maybe thicker
Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#25 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

• Team
  • 173 posts
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, UK

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

Looking good. I agree with Duma, go for a lighter green.

#26 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

Remove the dark green with a lighter one and you will follow my idea totally :D

Or to keep things more minimalistic, no color, just the line of the lotus, maybe thicker

Looking good. I agree with Duma, go for a lighter green.

Yeah, they were just mock-ups. I will pull the orange and green RGBs tonight and tighten up the lines. It would not take much to do just a line art version with transparent background. I will post here when I am done to see to get more feedback.

#27 Sitting Fox

Sitting Fox

• Team
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:05 PM

Hey Dennis,

Some nice stuff you've got there! :D

I think that, with the black/white or lines/transparent look, your design might look a little better without the outermost ring of leaves. 3 rounds of the stuff seems good. :lol: Without the color there. Just a thought.

I think it's fine being called Moksha Desktop, just as Bodhi's fine being Bodhi Linux though we don't call it that all the time. Of course, just opinions and all that. ;) Don't have to work the name into the symbol part, can just throw it next to it, whether it has the M built in or not. Though that A in the font does make it kind of look like it should end with that (and just be Moksha). But I kind of like it having the more full name myself.

If I get a free chance around here somewhere, I still want to play with the idea of a more realistic looking white-colored lotus. We'll see. I just think that'd look pretty cool by the picture in my head.

#28 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:30 AM

Here are the ones from the first round of feedback:

dzoZ0yt.png

06zM1Qf.png

mso0CIh.png

5VhmGot.png

Note: The "White" circle is actually transparent. I am wondering if it would be better to just keep it white thought. The colors were grabbed from the Logo & Colors wiki.

Let me know what you guys think.

@Fox, Thanks! I was working on these before seeing your feedback. Sorry about that. I will try to work up some mockups with yours in mind.

Edit: As promised...Below are the outer leaves removed...

IwfYQYr.png

70hmarW.png

#29 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

Hi Dennis, try to explain what I have on mind with a picture, maybe will be more clear than words written by a non native english like me :D

I've reduced the petals from 8 to 6 and kept only 2 series of them to keep thing simpler and minimalistic.

Added Bodhi Orange and Bodhi Green as main colour:

e20w7Sx.png

#30 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

Hi Duma. Nice work, I like those as well.

#31 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:50 AM

@Duma I like the last one! It's simple and clean. Very Bodhish!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#32 bwbritt86

bwbritt86

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

I like G the best.

#33 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

I'm with Charles....

moksha.png

I personally like this one best. It catches the eye, is simple and looks very professional. And to top it off, it carries the Enlightenment logo's 'trim' on the O, which is a very good way to hint to the project's origins. 

#34 Sitting Fox

Sitting Fox

• Team
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:19 AM

I wanted to see how some of Duma's looked next to the full name, as well as what the white one would look like at the size of the others. Thought I'd share my quick toying.

SLIrjcs.png

#35 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

I personally like this one best. It catches the eye, is simple and looks very professional. And to top it off, it carries the Enlightenment logo's 'trim' on the O, which is a very good way to hint to the project's origins. 

I like this one too. Maybe I would color the sparks on the "o" with the Bodhi Green and the text with the Bodhi Orange,but it is something good. ;)

#36 Stabak

Stabak

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

Since moksha is going to be an e17 desktop "fork", it should be independent of bodhi. Of course any traits to bodhi as origin are welcomed but in my opinion it should stand unique to be used in other distros/systems. That's my reasoning in not using bodhi-ish shapes or hindu symbols. Colors should be close. The M thing logo-wise is overused and not recognized as much. Browsing the net, found  https://fedorahosted.org/moksha/which has a really cool M logo thus I turned away from using just the letter and focused in the whole word.

Again on chance, browsing fonts I fell on Omikron.ttf (dafont) where the m looked like a bird (kinda like old openoffice) which is liberating enough and the rest of the word looked futuristic and sanskrit-ish enough (in terms of readability) to fulfill the meaning along with the e cogs... anyway that was my thinking...

I'll post any svgs, pngs for people to play with... 

Ps: thnx for the support

Attached Files

It's like screaming at a wall, someday it's gonna fall

#37 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4313 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

//

Browsing the net, found  https://fedorahosted.org/moksha/which has a really cool M logo thus I turned away from using just the letter and focused in the whole word.

//

Meaning this is the name of an existing software, confusion ahead!

So using the full name "moksha-desktop" would be recommended??

This other moksha seems to be connected to turbogears, using a cogwheel logo too.

Enjoy,

Charles

LINK: http://moksha.ws/

Edited by Charles@Bodhi, 04 May 2015 - 12:49 PM.
added link to Moksha

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 2.4.0-64 & Bodhi 3.0.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 2.4.0-32 non-pae & Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy

#38 Calippo

Calippo

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationEnschede, Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

I'm with Charles....

moksha.png

Nice, but it keeps making me think of these fellas: http://bulbapedia.bu...Unown_(Pokémon)

#39 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12325 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

Nice, but it keeps making me think of these fellas: http://bulbapedia.bu...Unown_(Pokémon)

Ha - I thought of that as well. I think this logo is kind of growing on me though. What are everyone else's thoughts on it? Do we like orange / green still like the Bodhi colors?

#40 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

I have to admit that if we want to unbound moksha from bodhi, leave out Harabara is good.

And I agree with concept thoughts that stabak had for create it, so I like it ;)

I haven't connect it with the pokemon, but I've lived only the first 150's era, so I haven't seen it before. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users