• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 paradox103

paradox103

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'm having a problem with Chromium. Left click works correctly, but if I right click, or try the scroll wheel on the mouse both of those react as a left click. If I drag the scroll bar, the window will start to scroll, but then it jumps back to the top before I let go of the button.  Chromium was installed from command line "sudo apt-get install chromium-browser".

This does not happen in Midori or Firefox. Has anyone else had this problem? What data can I provide to help with troubleshooting?

The Bodhi-desktop package was installed to an ubuntu 14.04 64 bit installation

package chromium-browser version 41.0.2272.76-0ubuntu0.14.04.1.1076

package bodhi-desktop version 0.32

Deny all, permit by exception: for some it is not just a config setting, but a state of mind.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12416 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

I don't see this behavior with the latest version of Google's branded version of Chromium (Chrome).

#3 ChipDoc

ChipDoc

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL, USA

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

For the past few weeks, whenever I have gone to certain websites which require security authorization, I get a Chromium message saying that my browser is no longer supported.  The sites continue to work normally and I was getting a new computer soon anyway, so I just ignored it and planned to install the standard Chrome on the new machine.

I'm currently running Version 37.0.2062.120 Ubuntu 12.04 (281580) (64-bit).  I am pretty certain the original install came through the Bodhi repository and it's been regularly updated.  As I said, I'm just moving to Chrome as soon as I figure out how to get the system to recognize grub rather than whatever is booting to Windows instead.

-Chip

Posted Image Registered Linux User: 526339

#4 paradox103

paradox103

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

I don't see this behavior with the latest version of Google's branded version of Chromium (Chrome).

Yes, well, as I said I'm not seeing this in other browsers. Just in the latest chromium browser package I specified.

Deny all, permit by exception: for some it is not just a config setting, but a state of mind.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12416 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

Is there a specific reason you can't just use Google's branded Chrome browser?

#6 paradox103

paradox103

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

No, there is no reason I can't use Chrome instead of Chromium, it is a personal choice. From what I've read, the branded Chrome offers auto updating, a built-in PDF viewer, some media codecs, and flash is integrated. I do not have a compelling need for those features. I also do not want to send anonymous usage statistics to Google. I have successfully been using the same build of Chromium in Ubuntu without issues. Maybe Vivaldi, which I think is also built on the open source Chromium, will be nice when the stable version is released.

Thanks for your help and continued devotion to the project.

#7 disadjusted

disadjusted

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSouth West Germany

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

I'm using Version 41.0.2272.76 Ubuntu 14.04 as well, but I don't have that behaviour.

But while using chromium (not sure if it has anything to do with it, it's just my main browser and it runs 99,9% of the time) I have other mouse problems sometimes, I call it the hanging mouse button. The computer behaves as if the left mouse button is constantly clicked/hold. If I make a single leftclick with the touchpad (not the mouse), it is released again.

Perhaps this workaround points you into the right direction of resolving your issue...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chromium, scroll problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users