#1 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hi!

I have an old device (HTC Wildfire buzz) that I doesn't use as a backup phone. But I have thougth to use as a mini-tiny-home-server with OwnCloud on it.

OwnCloud needsome php and apache dependencies, so I haven't found that application for Android.

So I've thought I can install over it linux (maybe debian?), but I don't know how :D

Someone of you have done something similar? Maybe trying to install Bodhi on ARM devices? I just need to start it, maybe as ssh so with the computer I can install all what I need.

If you think that install Android and over it Linux could be a simpler idea, sure I'll try, but I want to save memory for the server and I don't need android stuff like camera driver, telephon driver, ... I just need that the WI-Fi works :D .

Thank you in advance!

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 bwbritt86

bwbritt86

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

There's debkit that installs Debian Wheezy onto your android phone. Of course it runs on top of the Android OS. I got the OS to run, but couldn't find a way to get a Desktop Environment (Enlightenment, LXDE) to run, even though I installed them correctly. It will still run terminal programs though.

#3 Kev

Kev

An Aged Technophile

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

@Duma have you looked into Tizen yet? https://www.tizen.org/

- Kevin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ARM, phone, smartphone, android, linux, debian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users