6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

Apologies for lagging behind on E19 updates. All the work with Moksha / getting 3.1.0 out the door took priority.

Today I've added E19.9 as well as EFL/Elm 1.15 to the stable branch. They seem to be working well here on both my Moksha system and my VMs running E19.

• Kev likes this

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Kev

Kev

An Aged Technophile

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

I take it this will have to be a manual update if we want it?

EDIT: *sigh* nevermind... for some reason epdater only showed 2 updates, but then when it ran it pulled in all the other updates as well...  sorry for the post.

- Kevin

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

If you have E19 installed and run your normal system updates you will find E19.9. Not sure if that is what you mean by manual.

#4 Kev

Kev

An Aged Technophile

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

Usually when I restart my system I let it sit for a while and eepDater shows if there are packages or not for updating.  However today it only showed 2 so when I kicked it off it pulled in the 19.9 packaged so in all I think I had at least 8 updates, but the icon on the bar was showing 2.... no worries.  Im having an ugly Monday but at least things are working....

EDIT:

Ok, maybe its not a good Monday.   My 3.0.0 64, E19 VM appears to be hosed.  For some reason it booted into grub, flashed a couple messages about being unable to load the network module(?).  I am going to re-install the 3.0 64 e19 iso again and then let the updates run their coarse. 

Edit2:  I was able to revert to a prior snapshot and ran the updates.  All is well.

- Kevin

#5 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

how did you do a snapshot?

#6 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4335 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:40 PM

how did you do a snapshot?

Ah, that is a feature delivered by Virtualization Software. Kev is running E19 in a VM (Virtual Machine) and when using that you can make a snapshot of the current state of the OS in the VM you are running and reboot into that state whenever you need to. Quite useful for experimental/unstable work.

Use it myself often for testing.

Enjoy,

Charles.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#7 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Thanks Charles.  I thought it was kind of like a disk history point that you could return to - Forgot what it was called in windows so many years ago.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users