• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rolfish

rolfish

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndia (German)

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

The network manger in Bodhi makes big problems .

with a new sim card I can just be online for a few minutes.
after a few minutes the connection changed to EDGE (like credit would have been used almost fully) and quickly no connection at all is possible anymore.

First I thought there is some thing wrong with the billing ‘plan’ as I had the same problem with a Vodafone SIM before but now also with Airtel. (India)
Now I’m using a Lubuntu Life system and ... no problems at all. I get connection immediately.

So whats wrong with the network manager ? I can not use it any more, what a pity it is the end of Bodhi as I have only mobile internet.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12402 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

You've made your post in the Bodhi 2.x support section. What version of Bodhi are you using? The 3.1.0 branch has a much newer network manager version than 2.x does.

#3 rolfish

rolfish

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndia (German)

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

I have version 2.4
It was working all the time although it made little problems with mobile internet but now ... nothing under same conditions; did no updates

#4 Elw3

Elw3

• Moderators
  • 1769 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

The problem is within the config files of the icon, it corrupts them.

Deleting the entry and recreating it might temporally solve it, at least it did for me several times. 

The other way would be to use the terminal command wvdial, if its your only connection that might even be better than the applet.

BTW the problem gets worse the newer the applets version is :/

They breakfix it...

Bad Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users