38 replies to this topic

#21 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:03 AM

I will look at the code. If possible I will fix the place module as well.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

Places-moksha zone/desktop bug fixed

It works great with Thunar but there is a small trick with PCmanFM. In the input box under the places settings you have to put pcmanfm -n. It will open a new instance of FM. Without this parameter, places module will always open a new tab of FM on the desktop where pcman was firstly opened.

The same behavior pays for the trash module although I put pcmanfm -n in the code and compiled. I will try to make a setting dialog for choosing FM in the future.

trash-moksha

places-moksha

net-moksha (network activity indicator)

Are ready to use here

Debs are coming soon :)

#23 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

All modules in the repository. Thanx Jeff...

Don't forget to read my post above about pcmanfm entry for places-moksha.

Enjoy and let me know if something goes wrong.

#24 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:56 PM

Good news after 4 hours work:

• Trash is now possible to place on the desktop. I don't understand why author didn't want to show icon on desktop. Agrr it was a hell to find the right line with a bug
  • There was another issue I didn't expect. When I clicked on the trash on desktop > 0, nothing happened. I found out, thunar was opened only on the desktop 0. I added a code for checking on which zone/desktop we are and opens FM on current desktop. Fixed :)

Maybe I will release the first version which is usable since today. I will change thunar to pcmanfm as it is a default file manager in Bodhi...

http://imgur.com/0IV2cXP

I believe the author of trash did wish the gadget to show on the desktop. See his old google code page. I think development on Enlightenment is like trying to hit a moving target, changes in Enlightenment Foundation Library or in e itself break the API far too often. Just out of curosity which line did you have to change? I was looking at an old module, maybe Drawer (not sure now) which also didn't work added to the desktop ...

• Kev likes this

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#25 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:06 PM

https://github.com/J...55964f10fba6ab2

166 static Eina_Bool
167 _gc_in_site(E_Gadcon_Site site)
168 {
169  //return (site != E_GADCON_SITE_DESKTOP);
170   return EINA_TRUE;
171 }

When I removed "!" from the line 169, it started to work. Then I looked at another module code and author just returns EINA_TRUE. Is it a signal for showing a gadget on the desktop? I have no idea.  :) Both options are OK. I decided to put the second one. 

#26 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

I have just compiled drawer for you. Yes, it is not possible to place it on the desktop but two error dialogs appears here immediately after placing, moksha restarts and the gadget disappears. Some plugins are not able to open. Anyway, it is configurable from the shelf. But I know nothing about this module so no knowledge what to set, what to expect....Tell me more about this module please

#27 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

I lack time now but I have it working a bit better than that. I spent time on it a few weeks ago. Got distracted by something else but ...

Briefly in its settings it has 4 different kinds of stuff it can display .. these are plugins I think in the source. It should be able to display them in two ways: a list and a grid. In what I have the grid is not working correctly. One of the plugins doesn't function at all as far as i can tell, History launcher. Not even sure exactly what it is supposed to do. The rest do I think ... in list view. It can be placed on the desktop but doesn't function correctly the pop up is always displayed.

One of your error messages is likely undefined symbol "_" which should be included in e.h. I will get back to it in time so no need to worry unless ya want to mess with it.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#28 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

If anybody is interested in getting 'snow' module to work, other than me of course :P i have something that will show off how powerful your 166MHz pathetic rig can get, when it gets right down to it. But disclaimer alert: you still can't pick up chicks, but you can sit next to a machead working hard on his PowerBook or air, and not say anything for maximum impact. But a well delivered Oh, right can be a powerful thing.

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#29 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:49 AM

Do you mean the snow module with snow flakes on the screen? I made it work as you can see on my previous post from 2.10.2015. Snow module (snow-moksha) is in the repository. Enjoy :)
Maybe its worth to start a new thread with the list of all working modules although I do not want to hurry a lot because there are still some corrupted modules which I want to fix or modules I have no idea what they are suppose to do...
  • Kev likes this

#30 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but, looking at forecasts currently (Oct 19) shows a 3 day forecast for Today, Tomorrow, and Oct 19. Also, the two forecasts that show on the widget say they are for Oct 17 and 18. Ideas?

#31 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

I can't reproduce it. No problem here...

#32 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4677 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

Maybe you did not reboot your computr for several days? I think when you use CTRL+ALT+END Moksha gets refreshed and the forecast should be updated.

The only other reason I could think of would be the weathersite not being found for delivering new data.

Enjoy,

Charles

#33 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

Someday I'll learn to try restarting before suggesting there might be an issue. :) It's all good now.

#34 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

Trash module new modification

I added the configuration dialog for possibility to change a favorite file manager for showing the trash. Dirty code based on skel module but it works fine here.

http://imgur.com/6AhxyI8

#35 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:20 PM

mail module and cpu module monochromed!! Quick but cool add :D :D

tu6AI1W.jpg

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#36 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

After several months of modules work, I am about to finish this topic. I fixed or just packed more than 20 of them which I found interesting, useful or just funny. As I can see there are no more requests or bugs. Nevertheless I will post two addresses here with list of almost all available modules. If you can't live without some of them, just let me know and I will try to make a deb package for you. Be aware, some modules were ported to e18-e20 and it is sometimes very tricky to backport.

http://source.pisili...org/erdinc/E17/

https://git.enlightenment.org/

We are working on adding all fixed or ready to use modules with description and screenshots to the app center (Jeff thanx for your help:))

Enjoy

PS: drawer module was too buggy and I gave up fixing. After some time of studying (ylee, charles  thanx for information) I realized it is no so valuable and "run everything" can substitute many of its features.

#37 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1090 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for all of your hard work!

#38 TheShadow

TheShadow

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:21 AM

A big Thank You to the Doer I mean the Waiter :) (and for bringing in snow even though it is March already in real life) Or maybe snow-mo for snow-moksha module

#39 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hello guys

Just having some time and taste for developing. Not a big deal this time, just a color picker which is handy and pro looking for some modules. I decided to put it in TClock and StickyNotes ones. In TClock it replaces the four color sliders without the possibility the color checking in the real time. If you have an idea of adding this feature to another modules, just let me know.

BTW: this work brings me an idea of creating the standalone simple app with color selector not only from the given dialog but also it could get the pixel color anywhere on the desktop. Maybe good little work for self teaching, although I know there are plenty utilities capable doing it. But there is not for E or Moksha

e-59fd9dadd39d92.69231913.jpg

Enjoy

Stefan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users