• Keyboard layout

• Kev likes this

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

Being able to select all of your themes (gtk elem etc) from one place will be a great improvement. Looking forward to it!!

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:21 AM

I've added a list to the first post here about modules I think Swami needs to have before the 3.2.0 release. Please chime in here with ideas for other things that should be covered.

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:40 AM

Date & Time and Theme module should now be functional (from my limited testing at least). Wrote a short blog post about it -> http://www.bodhilinu...th-two-modules/

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

I had three themes installed in Bodhi. Unfortunately I couldn't see them in Swami. So, I installed one more theme and it appeared. Is Swami checking existing themes or I need to reinstall them?

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Swami checks for existing themes in the same two places the normal Moksha theme tool does:

~/.e/e/themes

/usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes

#7 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:09 PM

Added a simple keyboard module:

e-562c01195f5098.00669642.jpg

#8 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

Keyboard module works OK here.

#9 Urist

Urist

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSomewhere wet, cold and full of bacon

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

I just downloaded it and I like it, it makes a lot of sense to have everything in one easy to use place like that. If I could make a suggestion, in linux lite they have a control panel that gives you all of the information about your computer in a GUI (processers, graphics cards, architecture your I.P. etc.) perhaps swami having a section like that would make it easier for new users to troubleshoot (I'm aware that you canjust use lspci in the terminal but the output can be a little dauntinng to newbies) not really anything necessary, just a thought that could make life easier for new users. 

#10 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:33 AM

That is a great idea Urist. Adding system info to the module to do list.

#11 hendrix

hendrix

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

It's great news that you are revamping the settings. There's much room of improvement in that area. The search alone is  killer feature. Here's cliches I found. Theme selector: It doesn't list about 10 bodhi e17 themes I've installed from Bodhi repo with apt. They seems to have installed in /usr/enlightenment/themes. They show in Moksha's settings. List of themes starts at low part of window, maybe it detects installed themes but doesn't show them?

LTSYQ1b.jpg?1

However, If I click that area empty area, it shows only background and buttons anymore:

SPD3qa1.jpg?1

This happened also some times when trying to apply theme. I installed some themes from Appcenter, but they also didn't show up in Swami. After manually moving some themes to ~/.e/e/themes I managed to get them listed. Not much of characters of names are displayed:

1WCxQ4e.jpg?1

Would be good if that list section would be wider and user could resize that without resizing whole window. My scaling setting is 1.4, font sizes default, resolution 1400x1050. When I select any theme and hit Apply, it seems like Moksha could be restarting but old theme is still on. Tried that with many themes but no luck. They work fine when applied in Moksha settings.

I hope that in the future versions it's also possible to change different parts of themes like it's now in Moksha because that is awesome.

Date and time:

This first showed wrong time. Different time zone maybe? I'm on EET, although the name of time zone was right. After first run time have been displayed right. I've changed my clock gadget to show time in 24h format but Swami shows it only in 12h format. Would be nice, if Swami could pick that setting up and it be changed. All the clickable arrows in this module are very tiny and hard to hit. Keyboard Layout module seems to work for me.

In wallpapers module I try to import some .jpg wallpapers but in open file dialog if I click the file name it selects and immediately deselects it. If I double-click it, it goes back to wallpaper list but new wallpaper isn't listed there. Tried with couple wallpapers with same results.

#12 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

Wallpaper tool isn't currently functional, just designed the UI, didn't tell the buttons to do anything yet.

I haven't tested non updated e17 themes with the theme tool. Not sure if I want to deal with supporting them since they are broken is other ways. If you only have moksha themes from the app center installed the theme tool works as expected.

#13 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

For me:

1. Keyboard layout module worked great.

2. Date/Time module worked great.

3.Theme selector seemed to only have an effect on elementary_config theme selections and did not load the entire theme.

4. Wallpaper module did not work, but I see that is addressed above.

#14 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

Dennis - can you verify the version of the tool you are using by posting the output of:

dpkg -l swami-control

Pushed a few updates lately and want to be sure you are on the latest version before I dive into debugging the theme tool not working for you - working every time here now in the latest version for me.

#15 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

Hi Jeff,

The output is:

bodhi@bodhi-Aspire-5315:~$ dpkg -l swami-control
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  swami-control  0.0.2bodhi1  all          Swami Configuration Tool

Edit: (an after thought): I do have a number of different theme elements in play here, which could be causing the issue. Would that possible override the swami configurations?

Thanks,

Dennis

#16 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

If you have a number of "advanced" theme options configured from the current Moksha theme tool those will all remain in place when changing themes with Swami currently. Perhaps I should have it wipe them all out.

I still need to add more advanced options like manually settings GTK / Elm / Certain elements to the swami module.

#17 DennisD

DennisD

• Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

So... Just to be sure... I cleared all of my advanced settings. Even went beck to the theme wallpaper. When I select a theme within Swami, then click "Apply Selected" ... the screen goes black (refreshes), but the theme does not change.

However, when I use the Moksha (e17) Theme menu item (settings >> themes) it switches without a problem.

#18 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:25 AM

I've only tested on my production machine so far - will get to load it up on some clean virtualbox installs and see if it has issues. 

Just flipped back and forth between 6~ difference themes here and it applies each time.

Anyone else having issues with the theme selector not applying properly in this latest build?

#19 DaveL60

DaveL60

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

At the risk of showing my ignorance, would a control associated with video compositing settings make sense?  I seem to recall lots of messages on the support forums regarding issues with that.

#20 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:11 PM

Swami will support Ecomorph configuration when all is said and done yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users