• Developer
  • 12349 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:27 AM

Updated Swami this evening. Added a functional Light DM configuration editor:

e-564930459f57e5.12485706.jpg

Also made it so wallpaper / theme previews are properly contained:

e-564930c0476ce9.89616296.jpg

Although fair warning - the wallpaper tool still doesn't actually change the wallpaper yet. That will be next on my Swami TODO list.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12349 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

Some more improvements to Swami again tonight. The wallpaper switch is now functional and will even import pictures as wallpapers. The theme selector back end has been redone thanks to some help from Kai and it now applies smoother than it previous did. Please note you will need to run your system updates for the latest theme switcher to work as it requires the updated version of Moksha from today.

Two known issues with the wallpaper tool I will fix next time I have a chance:

1.) Importing images with spaces in their name does not currently work

2.) You have to change work spaces for your wall paper to actually change after hitting apply.

#23 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12349 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:20 PM

Wallpaper tool now properly imports files with spaces in their names. Also updated the file selector widget to provide image previews when browsing for files to import:

e-564e3c51a32f60.02933305.jpg

#24 paradox103

paradox103

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

I was playing with the Search capability in Swami (swami-control 0.0.2bodhi4) and noticed the following behavior: once buttons have been disabled, they do not re-enable until the search string is clear.

Example:

1. Type in the letter "d". The buttons for "Keyboard Layout" "Light DM" and "Date and Time" are enabled, the rest are disabled.
  2. Type the letter "m". "Keyboard Layout" and "Date and Time" are disabled, "Light DM" remains enabled.
  3. Delete the letter "m". I would expect "Keyboard Layout" and "Date and Time" to enable, but they remain disabaled, "Light DM" remains enabled.
  4. Type the letter "a". All buttons are disabled, I would expect "Date and Time" to be enabled.
  5. Delete all letters, all buttons become enabled.

Deny all, permit by exception: for some it is not just a config setting, but a state of mind.

#25 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12349 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

Great catch paradox. I've just updated the search logic to behave as expected.

What do we think of having a auto complete drop down with suggestions as you type in the search box as another improvement?

#26 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

On LightDM module, maybe the name of the session you started is not so intuitive (user could not know what's the correct name of favorite session: is it enlightenment-ecomorph? ecomorph? composite?).

Could be replaced with a ComboBox for select the correct session?

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#27 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1478 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

I have already asked Jeff for this. He agreed. I believe it will be implemented soon.

#28 paradox103

paradox103

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

What do we think of having a auto complete drop down with suggestions as you type in the search box as another improvement?

I guess for a cost/benefit analysis it depends on how big you see the list of options becoming and how long it would take to implement. I think the current search is sufficient, but that's just one opinion.

Deny all, permit by exception: for some it is not just a config setting, but a state of mind.

#29 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:46 AM

Minor point. I'm dumb and attempted sudo apt-get install swami I guess that is some form of MIDI software. If you then attempt to install swami-control, the install will fail due to swami.desktop already being created.

Also, my attempt to run it failed.

Spoiler

The extra / leading MokshRadiance-master.zip throws me a bit.

#30 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12349 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

Good call. I'll have to rename the desktop file.

I'll also add a check to only try to add theme files for the theme module. For now you can get past that error message by removing all non-theme files from your theme directories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users