Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:51 PM

Calling it ready -> http://www.bodhilinu...-3-1-1-release/

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 amerigena

amerigena

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

Working well. Looking forward to trying some of the new Elementary apps.

Thank you.

#3 eric52

eric52

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSouthbury CT

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

This download ("premium" with a 10-sec countdown) pops me into a security alert with a keystroke logger sidebar. I happen to be using Vista, and it claims to be MS, The sidebar claims to be Internet Defender, which I don't use. Happened twice in a row. Looks bogus. Third time I got a Flash update. Something's up. Hope it's machine specific.

Today only. Anger not. Worry not. Be grateful working karma. Be kind.

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:04 PM

Those links where a paid advert unrelated to Bodhi Linux. See here.

#5 eric52

eric52

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSouthbury CT

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:41 AM

Well, I was favorable to advertising, but that pretends to be a 3.1.1 download like all that claptrap on SourceForge. Hopefully it yields big bucks. Be careful with such venues.

Today only. Anger not. Worry not. Be grateful working karma. Be kind.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

Well, I was favorable to advertising, but that pretends to be a 3.1.1 download like all that claptrap on SourceForge. Hopefully it yields big bucks. Be careful with such venues.

If you read the thread I linked to you will see I've removed the advertising.

#7 DualGateMOSFET

DualGateMOSFET

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

Are there any hashes published on the bodhlinux.com domain itself? Would you consider doing that? Sourceforge has gotten a little sketchy lately.

These are the hashes for my downloads, and should not be considered offical.

$ md5sum bodhi-3.1.1-legacy.iso
f5cb48661b03cef5edac67994b988711  bodhi-3.1.1-legacy.iso
$ sha1sum bodhi-3.1.1-legacy.iso
5168a8cb6417fd1045c10987a29be755500e645c  bodhi-3.1.1-legacy.iso

$ md5sum bodhi-3.1.1-apppack-64.iso
0b9b2b7bb1c9f1d0d8b7868773982ec3  bodhi-3.1.1-apppack-64.iso
$ sha1sum bodhi-3.1.1-apppack-64.iso
52582331203ff28d18576825d4435373a16dd77c  bodhi-3.1.1-apppack-64.iso

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

There are manually generated md5sum files on the source forge page for download - you do not need to trust the source forge automatically generated ones if you do not want to for some reason.

I promise you they are not decompiling and rebuilding our ISO images though.

#9 DualGateMOSFET

DualGateMOSFET

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

https://en.wikipedia...bundled_malware

>...reported in May 2015 that SourceForge was hosting infected versions of their Windows binaries on their Open Source Mirror directory...

It's also worrysome that you're still using md5sum hashes. By themselves. (But unlike another lightweight distro, at least you're using version control software.)

#10 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:49 PM

https://en.wikipedia...bundled_malware

>...reported in May 2015 that SourceForge was hosting infected versions of their Windows binaries on their Open Source Mirror directory...

Windows binaries have nothing to do with an ISO image.

What exactly is wrong with an md5sum?

#11 DualGateMOSFET

DualGateMOSFET

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

Windows binaries have nothing to do with an ISO image.

What exactly is wrong with an md5sum?

If you're just casually trying to confirm that a file hasn't changed it's just fine, though sha1 isn't any slower.

If you're trying to confirm that the file has not been tampered by a third party, you're at least a decade behind the curve.

https://www.schneier...md5_collis.html

Many distros release md5sums, sha1sums and also release a sha256sum or a  sha512sum.

I'm assuming it's still hard to create a collision for both md5sum and sha1sum at the same time, these hashes are better than nothing for people on stock Windows boxes. 

#12 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

No one is tampering with the ISO images.

#13 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Added torrents for the 3.1.1 release today. Please seed if you have spare bandwidth http://www.bodhilinux.com/download/

#14 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Something is definatly not right on sourceforge! Today I thought I would install bodhi arm on my worthless nexus7, but everytime I downloaded an image the md5 would not match. Each time they came from the mirror iweb. tried 3 times. Decided to try to install one anyway, but it extracted with errors. So on the 4th time I selected a British mirror and not only did it pass the md5sum but it downloaded 3 times faster.

I don't believe this to be a fluke. Something is going on.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#15 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

I would use Jeff's torrents. Sourceforge has been there for both Linux AND Windows for a long time now, and stand to gain nothing by tampering with project files. You are free to pick and choose your conspiracy theories, as well as choose the fear mongers who have nothing better to do but pollute the airwaves of our forums. Why install anyway when there was a shadow of a doubt; of course the results were expected. It would be much more constructive to use the torrents, and then seed them; instead of wringing our hands and yelling that the sky is falling! And like the man said, Windows binaries have nothing to do with ISO files. To think he had to state the obvious in a linux forum should tell you something.

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#16 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

I would use Jeff's torrents. Sourceforge has been there for both Linux AND Windows for a long time now, and stand to gain nothing by tampering with project files. You are free to pick and choose your conspiracy theories, as well as choose the fear mongers who have nothing better to do but pollute the airwaves of our forums. Why install anyway when there was a shadow of a doubt; of course the results were expected. It would be much more constructive to use the torrents, and then seed them; instead of wringing our hands and yelling that the sky is falling! And like the man said, Windows binaries have nothing to do with ISO files. To think he had to state the obvious in a linux forum should tell you something.

I wouldn't mention it, but there has been several complaints about it in these forums! I do agree about the torrents! But if you noticed I also offered a solution, simply use a different mirror, except for those who are have bandwidth limits it sucks! Also, the torrents have not always been available!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#17 BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:24 AM

In the past Japan arrests related to P2P has occurred,

therefore Japan users do not use most of the Torrent.

I am using to add the Adblock extension to the browser.

BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. (ふうせん Fu-sen.) form Japan

菩提 = ぼだい = Bodhi

Bodhi Linux | Linux memo (Japanese) hhttp://installlinux.jimdo.com/linux-%E3%83%A1%E3%83%A2/bodhi-linux/

#18 Sitting Fox

Sitting Fox

• Team
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:41 AM

Any word on a Chromebook version? The last one is still on e19, I believe.

#19 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:37 AM

The 3.2.0 release next month will be shipping the 4.2 kernel by default which will support the chromebook trackpad OOTB. No need for a special image with this next release.

In the mean time, there are directions on the boards for swapping E19 out with Moksha. Existing Chromebook users can do this now and run their system updates and be good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users