• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 bu5hm4n

bu5hm4n

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

Thx for the welcomes.

Titlebar is fixed. Focus of rename entry is also fixed.

For the bubble: I just use elm_bubble, and indeed it should just show if the label is to small to display the complete text.
The problem with the readability can just be fixed in the bodhi theme, since I use the standard elementary api.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1511 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:27 PM

Great news.

I wanted to compile it and check but I am facing the issues.

CMake Error at src/lib/emous/CMakeLists.txt:40 (eo_rule_create):
  Unknown CMake command "eo_rule_create".

#23 bu5hm4n

bu5hm4n

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

Also fixed :) - I hope :-D

#24 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1511 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

Jesus, my troubles persist :)

stefan@S12:~$ jesus
jesus: error while loading shared libraries: libelm_ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

#25 bu5hm4n

bu5hm4n

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:24 PM

Now its getting complicated, short idea run sudo ldconfig and bet everything is done correctly :)

Long idea is to check if the path where the lib is installed is in the path where ld looks for the lib.

#26 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, there are short fixes which dont take that much time :)

I think its better to add feature requests in a ticket, the chance that I will forget them is not that high then. I am still waiting for some things to happen, but after that it should be possible to mod jesus with lua as much as you like. But this depends on upstream works on elua, where I have to wait to get it out of beta.

I'll do that ! Thanks!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#27 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hi bu5hm4n, I want to thank you for your impressive work. It is very interesting and I've followed it from far away looking sometimes your public screenshot on enlightenment/ss site ;) .

I've used my spare time developing E themes in the last years and at the moment I try to keep them alive, adding elementary support to it.

Can I ask you a couple of question about your file manager? I suppose it could be useful to making look good on my themes.

First two that I have on mind.

• What's the name of the ELM widget that you are using as separator under the pathbar? It looks dark gray/black in a dark theme like the default one, but is pretty ugly in a lighter theme, so if it has a name (something like /elm/widget/separator?) I suppose I can include it on my themes :D .
  • The sidebar with all the bookmarks: all the themes I've tryed has the same look: white blod whit black outline and blue glow for selected item. I have to change it for all the theme and it is not a problem. It's again something like a new elm widget? It's something nested in Jesus code so I can't change it? Do you thing you can bind to something themeable?

Thank you for your help and keep going on this wonderful work! :D

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#28 bu5hm4n

bu5hm4n

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

I have changed the theme now to use the elm seperator, is was a basic gray rectangle before.

In general jesus is build up out of serperated libs, and the resulting app. The application jesus uses elementary widgets and elm_ext widgets which is a tiny library which gets shiped with jesus. There is a elementary widget called elm.file.bookmarks this is the widgets which displays the bookmarks. Those "extra" widgets have a theme, its located in ./data/theme/elm_ext/ (I dont know the exact file, I dont have my laptop arround me right now) there is the font declared.

I wanted to make theming as easy as possible, so I added it with including of the elementary default font files etc. if you still have the font.edc file you should be able to just rebuild the elm_ext theme, and you will have your own font definition in there. (As long as you keep the standard naming)

#29 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1511 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

Thanx, sudo ldconfig helped :)

Could I post another issue on this forum?

In a grid view when I use down arrow, I expect another items (another "page") will shown when I exceed the last row. Actual behavior is that cursor appears on the top. Simply, I can choose items only from those I can see...

Thanx

BTW: Segmentation fault again. Unfortunately only this result I can see in terminal. No more in order to help you reveal the bug...

#30 bu5hm4n

bu5hm4n

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

Could we agree that we post bugs on github and questions here. The reason is that I am afrait of forgetting that here was a bugreport, bug are talking more time than questions.

The Bug with the grid view is known. I am working on it and there is a ticket about it :) https://phab.enlightenment.org/T2884

For segfaults: I dont know your distribution, butthere should be some kind of daemon which saves the processimage for the case of a segfault. In arch its coredumpd, with this image you can get a backtrace. This backtrace can tell me what went wrong, and why it crashed. Without that information a segfault just tells something like "The program did something which was not ok - decided by your os". This could have multiple reasons, for example NULL access there can be corrupted memory etc. etc.. If there is no such daemon in your distribution you should run jesus with gdb. gdb monitors for signals sent by the os (also SIGTRAP etc.), it also presents a utility which is usefull if you want to debug your programm. With bt you can create a backtrace, which could help me :). Debug symbols should not be a problem since I have enabled debug build.

#31 Kev

Kev

An Aged Technophile

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

Is the Bodhi repo being updated for this app?

- Kevin

#32 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1511 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

I just wanted to wait for more major commits but I can do it this evening if you want.

#33 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4410 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

I just wanted to wait for more major commits but I can do it this evening if you want.

Would be nice so we can test the improvements so far.

TIA

Enjoy,

Charles.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#34 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12401 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:09 PM

Updated this morning.

#35 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:18 PM

In general jesus is build up out of serperated libs, and the resulting app. The application jesus uses elementary widgets and elm_ext widgets which is a tiny library which gets shiped with jesus. There is a elementary widget called elm.file.bookmarks this is the widgets which displays the bookmarks. Those "extra" widgets have a theme, its located in ./data/theme/elm_ext/ (I dont know the exact file, I dont have my laptop arround me right now) there is the font declared.

I wanted to make theming as easy as possible, so I added it with including of the elementary default font files etc. if you still have the font.edc file you should be able to just rebuild the elm_ext theme, and you will have your own font definition in there. (As long as you keep the standard naming)

So like terminology a themer has to create a separate Jesus theme with elm_extension. Even though ELM has tons of widget, is it necessary create others? :)

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#36 bu5hm4n

bu5hm4n

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

Elm has a bunch of widgets, I could have used them to just have a simple fm. Thats true.

The intend was to create a set of widgets which can replace the fileselector used by elm. All the new widgets are basically assembled of the given elm widgets. The bookmarks are for example a simple elm_genlist, also the views. The only reason why I need custom .edj files is that I have to define a layout. For example for displaying Fileicon / Filename. I tryed to just use them for doing layouting, and not giving images etc. so a different theme should not destroy the look.

After a quick look I found 3 parts which are a bit theme depending.

• Selection rect - There is nothing existing which does look like this in existing elm, so I needed to insert here a image
  • Drag item - If you drag something above a directory, the same selection than above is displayed... Fixable
  • Mountindicator - To indicate if a device is mounted or not, I added a small led to the lower right of the given icon. I was not able to find a fdo icon which could have been used to indicate something like this.

If there are others, tell me :)

#37 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12401 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

Jesus update in the repos today. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users