4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12353 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:05 AM

One of my goals for the new year is to be publishing more on my technology blog. I like to keep a backlog of ideas to write about so when I have time to put some words into a document I have things to write about!

So with that in mind - anyone out there have particular Bodhi / Linux / Moksha / EFL / FOSS related topics they'd like to hear me talk about? Tutorials they'd like to see created?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:32 AM

about permissions and file/folder permissions. about, how to change, what is the ideal for access, how to bypass the settings when there are issues and one cannot access them even though you should be able to. you created it - it is yours, but you are basically screwed when accessing such items.

#3 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:39 AM

Compiling ecomorph for debian?

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#4 amerigena

amerigena

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

I'm an Xfce user mainly, and have only recently begun to check out / test in very limited fashion Moksha and E - my experiments with Moksha (other than trying to install the desktop on top of an Ubuntu / Debian E17 base) have been very satisfying and mostly successful. My attempts to run E20 using Sparky Linux have been pretty disastrous due to my inexperience with the DE as a whole.

Investigating Moksha's internals and seeing how / where it differs from E17 interests me, and if I had sufficient time I would do so myself. A comparison / contrast - your DE has diverged from E the way Trinity's did from KDE and MATE's did from GNOME - it might be instructive to your users to show them exactly how, if this is doable on your limited schedule.

This leads me to a second point : Jeff, if Enlightenment ever does get its act together and provide a stable desktop base, where would that leave Bodhi? Would you continue to develop Moksha, or would you revert to a pure E base? Or would you develop both in tandem?

Again, please bear in mind that I'm only an intermediate Linux user and not that familiar with Moksha or E. I apologize if this post was poorly conceived or the requests / questions badly framed. But this would be my personal request.

Thank you.

amerigena - RD

#5 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

not Jeff, but i did sleep in a holiday inn last night ---  so far from my experience with this new Bodhi and Moksha - it is extremely stable and i would see no reason to go backwards when he has taken such a leap forward with legit forward progress.  my 1 cent.  despite a few issues and also lack of linux understanding at the depth i would lke to be for my needs, i am extremely pleased and impressed with this new Bodhi!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users