Photo

[SOLVED] Transmission torrent client does not starting immediately?

Best Answer shri, 30 December 2015 - 05:48 PM

Trying another client should work if transmission is the only application you are having issues with.

I found out the problem, it was in version. I removed the Transmission 2.84 & its PPA & downloaded the old version which was available by default in Synaptics i.e Transmission 2.75 (13675) & it started working as usual. Thanks for paying attention on my problem..

Just for curiosity, should I only prefer application from Synaptics which is available by default & avoid PPA application, so that I would not face this kind of problem again??? In which condition, we should go for PPA way??

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shri

shri

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:00 AM

Suddenly my 'Transmission torrent client' is not activating as I click on its Icon. It comes up only after 10-15 minutes. All other application e.g. Firefox, filemanager starts immediately as soon as I click on it. What's the problem?? Why it is taking so much time???

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12355 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

Can you try launching the application from the command line and see if there is any relevant output there?

#3 shri

shri

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

Can you try launching the application from the command line and see if there is any relevant output there?

I typed as you suggested 'transmission-gtk' in terminal. After typing this, cursor wait for Two minutes and output comes as 'connect: Connection timed out' .My Internet connection is absolutely OK. & Transmission-gtk window popped up automatically after Five minute and this time, the message on terminal is 'WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-kpqc66/pkcs11: No such file or directory' and everything has stopped too. I can see my torrent listed in transmission window but nothing is downloading..

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12355 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

Just to confirm - you are using Bodhi 2.4? What version of transmission are you currently on? Have you tried asking for help on the transmission support forums since the issue seems limited to their application?

#5 shri

shri

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

Just to confirm - you are using Bodhi 2.4? What version of transmission are you currently on? Have you tried asking for help on the transmission support forums since the issue seems limited to their application?

Yes sir, I am using Bodhi 2.4.0 & my Transmission version is 2.84 (14307). I didn't asked this on Transmission forum because I though,t it could be some integration problem of Transmission with bodhi because it was working before 5 days very fine and now it has sullenly stopped. would you suggest to remove Transmission & use some other torrent client if Transmission is giving problem...

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12355 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

Trying another client should work if transmission is the only application you are having issues with.

#7 shri

shri

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:48 PM   Best Answer

I found out the problem, it was in version. I removed the Transmission 2.84 & its PPA & downloaded the old version which was available by default in Synaptics i.e Transmission 2.75 (13675) & it started working as usual. Thanks for paying attention on my problem..

Just for curiosity, should I only prefer application from Synaptics which is available by default & avoid PPA application, so that I would not face this kind of problem again??? In which condition, we should go for PPA way??

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12355 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

I always recommend against PPAs. If you need the latest software I'd recommend upgrading to the latest stable Bodhi release where we back port request software for users.

#9 shri

shri

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

I always recommend against PPAs. If you need the latest software I'd recommend upgrading to the latest stable Bodhi release where we back port request software for users.

Thank you sir, I will keep this in my mind. Thank you for answering me. I mark it as a SOLVED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users