theme e17 e16

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mbert

mbert

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

I have found some old themes that I really like, and I would like to use them with e17 (first computer) and ideally, If I manage to port them, with e20 (second computer).

I stumbled across an e17 theme that edje_decc cannot handle: dr15m17 by galeote (the ShinyMetal window blends from e15 ported to e17). Is there any way to get this decompiled anyway?

Also has anybody any experience porting pre-e17 themes (.etheme) to e17 or e19? I still remember the spiffE theme that I liked a lot, I would simply love to use something similar with e17/e20.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

Have you tried opening them with an archive manager? If they are so old they don't use edje they likely won't be very useful in terms of porting.

#3 mbert

mbert

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

Have you tried opening them with an archive manager? If they are so old they don't use edje they likely won't be very useful in terms of porting.

The e17 theme in question (dr15m17) is an .edj file but technically an eet archive. I can unpack it using eet, but I have two problems with this approach: the archiver complains it cannot unpack and decode files that have directory parts in their keys, also all the file names are lost, so that I would have to reconstruct them from the compiled edt file. Hence decompiling would make more sense if there is a decompiler for that older format.

As the pre-e17 themes are concerned, those that I am interested in are available in sources, so that there is no need to decode the .etheme files. But as I have very little experience with themes in enlightenment and I did not find a migration guide either I don't really know whether trying to port them is a realistic thing to try. Looking again at this post's subject it seems like I could have picked a more precise one.

#4 OldE

OldE

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:22 PM

Did you ever succeed at unpacking a *.etheme file?

I too am looking to unpack an old E13 BlueMetal.etheme file and create that look and feel in E20.  I'm a newbie at the latest toolsets... I used Enlightenment back in the dark ages, right after the first zero was perfected.  I've decided to try and get involved with the latest "live" Enlightenment in Gentoo, and see about using the debug environment etc... the first task I have is getting my favorite theme back up.

If I have any successes, I'll try to remember to post back here.

-Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theme, e17, e16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users