Photo

Request: port of old E16 themes (like blue steel)

e16 themes moksha old school eyecandy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lawlyet

Lawlyet

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

I remember that old E16 had very cool futuristic themes, like Blue Steel and plenty of others.. Looking at my very old screenshots, I found a picture that may be almost 7 years, of my old notebook themed with an E17 port of Blue Steel: 

223828_147893945350853_1326087373_n.jpg?

It reminds me of those good old Linux days, when users got easily atracted by the visual of old school Linux desktop running E16, Window Maker, Afterstep, Fluxbox, Awesome, Blackbox, Openbox etc. All of them sharply themed and running neat scripts and widgets above futuristic backgrounds.. Those were the days :) 

Also it would be good a Moksha port of old E17's Bling Bling (and also Nightly Bling). 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 hippytaff

hippytaff

• Members
  • 1269 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Hi Lawlyet

As far as I know blingbling and a few other themes have been ported...details here

f

Porting is quite tricky though as every theme requires slightly different things etc, but I know a few people are doing it. Hopefully they'll do ones you want :)

Cheers

hippytaff

Hippytaff - Trying to understand stuff since 1979

#3 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

Porting the blingbling theme is a goal that I have, but I don't know when I'll have enough time to spend on this. :D

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#4 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

i found a collection of e16 themes in efflux.org, but after skimming through a few that looked dated, there are still others that look timeless e.g.Blue Steel, Thug life, LCARS (from Star Trek:TNG )and so on. I miss e16, and its amazing pager (its pager is photorealistic and even scales up (like a slow zoom effect) when you mouseover a workspace. e17 did not have it, and in an irc session with the Rasterman he said it could be done but it was a hack that could still be done but didn't deserve to be in e17.

I also miss the ripples effect.

You still have MAC theme wannabes out there, but put my old Thinkpad with e16 on it, makes em take a second look. Sorry, this aint ubuntu at all.

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#5 simotek2

simotek2

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:57 AM

I'm currently in the process of porting some stuff to e21, so if there are good e16 themes you would like to suggest I may look at them.

#6 TJMcK

TJMcK

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

You could say that I'm a new user to Bodhi, although I think I used it for a while years ago (when it was e16)...

But now that I'm planning to use Bodhi as a permanent distro for my laptop, one of the things that I would really like to do is, change it's theme.  I have tried the two themes supplied with the v3x install... the "default" theme is too dark for my liking (and lacks contrast), while the MokshaRadiance is, in my opinion, too "normal" and lacks excitement.  I have looked for different themes in the Bodhi repository, but there are none.  

Can I find themes anywhere else?  Or will the themes that are being ported (as per this thread) be available soon?

#7 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:58 AM

You are catching Bodhi as it is getting ready to update to 4.0. You may wish to wait for the new version to get released before you get settled on a theme. I recall seeing that some of them are being updated for the new version of efl being used.

#8 TJMcK

TJMcK

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

You are catching Bodhi as it is getting ready to update to 4.0. You may wish to wait for the new version to get released before you get settled on a theme. I recall seeing that some of them are being updated for the new version of efl being used.

Okay. Thanks. I will wait.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e16, themes, moksha, old school, eyecandy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users