E17 in Ubuntu 16.04

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JimP

JimP

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

I've been using Enlightenment on Ubuntu for some years now, starting with building it myself on Ubuntu 10.04. I didn't move to 14.04 because several things didn't work, mainly due to the advent of 3D desktops, which was the reason I started using Enlightenment in the first place. I've just tried 16.04 Alpha, and the E17 in the repos is the one with the dark default theme. I never bothered about themes for Enlightenment as I really liked the old default black and white theme. After a bit of googling, I found Duma of this parish has done an updated version of that theme which seems to work with the E17 in 16.04, available here:

http://avduma.devian...olors-351791124

Thank you, thank you, thank you Duma!

I see this theme has not won the latest poll for the next addition to the Bodhi themes though - I missed the vote, but one more vote wouldn't have swung it anyway. Another reason I'm likely to be stuck with using the 16.04 version of E17 is the Enlightenment compositing doesn't seem to work with Bodhi, and the Compiz way of doing it doesn't work on three of my machines, so I have blurry bits in some quite prominent places with Bodhi on my laptop. 

This space intentionally left at the bottom.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:10 AM

Bodhi doesn't include stock E17 and our modified fork called Moksha doesn't include E's built in compositing any longer so I am confused as to what exactly is giving you issues with regards to compositing in Bodhi.

#3 JimP

JimP

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:07 PM

When I try and load the Moksha compositing module (not the E17 one), it won't load on three of my machines. My investigation at the time suggested that my hardware was not up to the job. I guess it's a bigger issue for me than most people.

This space intentionally left at the bottom.

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

Can you be more specific? Which module are you trying to load under moksha? What is it telling you when it "won't load"? Moksha also doesn't require compositing to be functional - will work fine without it.

#5 Sitting Fox

Sitting Fox

• Team
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:51 AM

Heya JimP,

When you try to use Ecomorph, select the option before you log in. In the upper right hand corner of the login screen, you should be able to find an Ecomorph option. After you select it, then log in. (The symbol is an i, apparently? I can't remember off the top of my head.)

I know in an earlier release at least, I also had issues loading Ecomorph more manually. But that way worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users