• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andrello

andrello

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVaughan (Toronto suburbs), Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:19 AM

Hi.. There is a non-working version of Quake 2 in Synaptic.

Can someone make a working install of q2 and put it either in AppCenter, either in the repository? :-)

(q2 source is open since a couple of years already)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 hippytaff

hippytaff

• Members
  • 1269 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

You got a link for the  source Andrello. It's more likely to get built if it's a simple click away :)

Hippytaff - Trying to understand stuff since 1979

#3 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

I'm a Quake 1 guy myself. About the only time I disregard the dual monitor setup(of course,I went ahead to see what it was like anyway. Nvidia delivered the goods and made me a believer in discrete graphics cards over intel wannabes) as well as indoor lights.

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#4 andrello

andrello

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

You got a link for the  source Andrello. It's more likely to get built if it's a simple click away :)

I'll find it, yes.

Yeah.. here it is :)

https://github.com/id-Software/Quake-2

#5 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

Be sure to leave us your mailing address Andrello. We will be sending you a truckload of mountain dew and Blue mountain coffee direct from Jamaica. And be sure to come out once in a while to let people know who you are and where you live... :) and to remember what the sun looked like (before you got hooked again on Q2)

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#6 andrello

andrello

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:24 AM

Be sure to leave us your mailing address Andrello. We will be sending you a truckload of mountain dew and Blue mountain coffee direct from Jamaica. And be sure to come out once in a while to let people know who you are and where you live... :) and to remember what the sun looked like (before you got hooked again on Q2)

:) hehe.. Jamaica is cool.. i love reggi music

I am from Toronto suburbs, it is written under the avatar here)

Btw - I found q2 in synaptic, but:

a)after installing it, I can not see it neither in the menu of installed software, neither under /usr/share/

B) the installation is about 6mb, (while full q2 is 400+) I guess if I would find q2 install, I would need to copy some data files from CD..

Any ideas?

#7 Assel

Assel

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:26 AM

Somewhere in the depths of my desk I have a CD with a complete Q2 directory. I used to copy it on hdd and then played.
If it would help, I would look for the CD and make it available.

#8 andrello

andrello

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:21 AM

Somewhere in the depths of my desk I have a CD with a complete Q2 directory. I used to copy it on hdd and then played.
If it would help, I would look for the CD and make it available.

Assel, yes, i would appreciate it.

#9 Assel

Assel

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:31 AM

Hello

Give me 1 day for searching and loading it up to somewhere. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users