• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NickStone

NickStone

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

Hello everyone,

I am not a newbie to Bodhi, I had been using it in the past (version 2.whatever).  I thought about using Bodhi again as I have a crappy 64 bit laptop that struggles to work with plasma5 and Gnome shell.

The laptop originally had 1GB of RAM (actually it had 1GB on the motherboard but 256MB was reserved for its on board graphics chip), so in reality it had 768MB for software.  It originally had Windows Vista on it!

I am just having a play with Mokshy desktop, but I'm a little disappointed with the lack of themes for it. I mean I don't really like the themes that are available in the AppCentre.

Would I be able to replace Mokshy desktop with e19 or e20 at a later date?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Elw3

Elw3

• Moderators
  • 1769 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

Sure.. but e19 or 20 has way less themes. 

Bad Wolf

#3 Sitting Fox

Sitting Fox

• Team
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:03 AM

Heya NickStone,

Yeah, there's some work for bringing more themes from e17 to Moksha. Just will take some time. Lots of things being worked on.

I like the Radiance theme that Duma put together. It's not too hard to customize. If you pull up the Colors option, you can pick different colors for things.

Or you can rip it apart and tweak away that way too. At least of the ones I've tried to play with, I've found Raduance the most approachable. (Well, the original Bodhi 3 I liked better, but that was just a modified Radiance, so yeah.)

You can always change the desktop environment (Moksha, e19, whatever), just like you can with Ubuntu and other Linux versions.

#4 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

do not know you from previous adventures, but welcome back!  Personally i am blown away at the current state of Bodhi!  If it was not here anymore, i would not know where to go I like it that much!

oh - i did try a few themes but found the original default to work nicely.  I guess it would be nice to have some more interesting ones.  In the past i used a few nice ones i could find but i was picky and not all worked as well as they may look.  i kind of like to KISS.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

E19 and E20 themes should work with Moksha for reference. What themes are you finding for those desktops that are complete that are not already packages on the App Center?

#6 NickStone

NickStone

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:38 AM

E19 and E20 themes should work with Moksha for reference. What themes are you finding for those desktops that are complete that are not already packages on the App Center?

Well there's Angelic for one.  Actually scrub that, I've just found that theme for e17 using synaptic.  I'm assuming it will work with Moksha.

Edit: Just downloaded three e17 themes and found that they are not available in the themes selector. 

2nd edit: OK someone give us a clue, where does Moksha put e17 themes? I cannopt find these themes I've just downloaded.

#7 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1427 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

Do you choose themes with swami-control? If yes, swami looks just into /home/.e/e/themes folder. Choose old way selecting via menu-settings-themes. (Jeff this is a suggestion for you. Themes after installing are placed into /usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes. Swami should look into this folder as well).

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

Swami looks in the local user folder as well as the system folder just like the default theme tool does.

Just installed the Angelic E17 theme and it appears in both theme selectors as expected for me:

NU7oEnS.png

Keep in mind that if a theme package is listed as for e17 not all parts of work properly with Moksha (or even e17 for that matter) the ones we have listed on the app center are fully updated and thus are the ones we feature.

#9 NickStone

NickStone

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:02 PM

Thanks everyone,  I'm guessing when I downloaded the themes this morning I assumed it had downloaded them but obviously not.  I have just attempted to download the e17 Angelic theme again and this time it did download and have now been able to select and use it.

#10 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:15 AM

if you set the theme selector to Advanced you can select the bits and pieces e.g. theme wallpaper, or borders only. You can mix and match, but probably when you have a collection of themes from e17-stuff.org, like coffee or any of the nice themes from Agust. I've dropped a few screenshots in there, when I have picked a good GTK theme with an E17 theme, and back when snow module was a feature, and there was Black Chrome from another site called exchange.enlightenment.org.

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#11 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

just curious - if that is the Agust who use to be around Mint and also here years ago - what happened to him - and i hope i am not opening a can of worms...  since around a lot of linux distros there seems to be people that fight and argue and then after serious participation leave and move on, so to speak...  I believe i knew him from some wallpapers he used to create...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users