#1 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

Hello

I decided to dedicate some time to E17/Moksha themes. It is a nice topic and I wanted to look closer under the hood. I started a few days ago with a trial and error procedure but it led more to frustration than success. After some studying (thanx Duma) and struggling I have managed to fix my favourite MokshaRadiance theme. I had noticed CPUfreq tacho was overlapped with value thus hardly readable. Also battery gadget values were illegible in case of  small shelf size. Both are fixed and available on my github.

https://github.com/t...MokshaRadianceĀ 

and result is here

http://i.imgur.com/j5xaVsF.png

What I like here is to say, I would dedicate this thread to everyone who is able to participate on theme fixing. I have found many and many bugs with modules, values, bad colors, no right mouse clicks on the shelf etc. A lot of work need to be done. I believe many of you are more skilled and more familiar with theme job. Why not to work together and make more usable and nicer themes.

So, at first we need to know problematic themes. Something what need to fix. So if you have your favourite one with a cosmetic issue, let us know here. 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:02 AM

Issue in the Moonlight theme I haven't been able to pin down myself yet - you cannot right click directly on empty space on a shelf. You have to access the shelf settings through the main shelves panel or by right clicking on a gadget already on the shelf.

#3 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

Moonlight theme right mouse click issue fixed :)

Commit is on the way

http://i.imgur.com/nALGPCf.png

#4 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Moonlight theme right mouse click issue fixed :)

Commit is on the way

http://i.imgur.com/nALGPCf.png

So it was the mouse_events things I wrote last tuesday? ;)

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

Yes Duma, thanks. I unfortunately changed source a little bit so I lost in line numbers from your mail. So I spent some time and came to solution my way... But your suggestion about mouse_event was OK. Happily the result is the same. Theme is OK now and looks really impressive.

Anyway: you could help me with border buttons. I disagree with placing buttons (min, max, close) on the left. I would like to place them on the right. Do you agree with me? DO we want to change them?

#6 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4511 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

//

Anyway: you could help me with border buttons. I disagree with placing buttons (min, max, close) on the left. I would like to place them on the right. Do you agree with me? DO we want to change them?

Please do change them. I love the Moonlight theme but most Moksha themes have left-hand border buttons, hard to find a somewhat matching theme with right-hand buttons. I mean combining Moonlight with Japan border-buttons looks horrible.

Charles

#7 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

E having button placement controlled by the thing is always something I've considered a failure / bad. At some point when time permits I'd really like to create that as an option and just have the theme control what they look like.

• sef likes this

#8 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

I wonder if any user is comfortable with left button styled themes. I just dont want to make some changes and then I will hear users complaining and demanding previous version. I am thinking of having two themes. The left styled and right one. Just an idea with freedom approach. Ofcourse having a modifying sw is the best option. My option is a temporary and fast to do.

#9 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

The theme was create by Luca De Marini (Artpulse, OpenGEU, etc etc) with buttons on the left, I've only recompiled keeping its concept.

It was choosen in the Theme poll I launched because it's with buttons on the left, even if a lot of people uses buttons on the right...

For editing a thing like that on this theme is something very hard, but, of course, possible. We have to create new pixmaps and rewrite entirely the border code. No panic, by the way, it's possible and I hope to be more free in the middle of April, sorry but for Easter and spring I have a lots of things to do. :D

I can try to do this and write a simple tutorial here, but as you have all understood, I can't be sure for the time I use to do this :D

A good theme could have different Border style and you can, via software at the moment, set the favorite border style.

So in SWAMI I suppose it could be something not so hard, because the configuration is already possible in E, am I wrong, Jeff?

For SimplEx I've create left and right buttoned border style, so I've imagined to explain quickly how to set as default a style:

As you know there's 4 kind of window: default, dialog (mainly a default without iconify), noresize, noresize_dialog

• For "default" window style it's possible to set the default style using Settings -> Looks -> Border (or something similar, I'm not in Moksha at the moment)
  • For other style I suppose it's possible using the "Remeber..." option: it has a flag about border style.

So you can set, at the moment, a default style for all the kind of windows. Of course a theme should have inside the different window style. So it's a themer duty :(

Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#10 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

Hey guys, don't tell me nobody tried this edje theme editors which I found today they exist (eflete, enventor):

I am trying to compile these editors from sources. Eflete OK, Enventor no success (compiler cries for some brackets issue). Unfortunately Eflete needs enventor :(

Need to spend more time with this. 

I just want to say: are we gonna invent a wheel?

• Kev likes this

#11 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:24 PM

i am used to buttons on left as in os X.  the buttons on right like microsoft i deal with.

in another distro there was an easy way to make buttons appear left and in whatever order.  now i guess there is one that comes default or else has a choice somewhere in the settings.

#12 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12430 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Might be worth checking the commits for the one that won't build and see if it had updates for newer EFL versions. Sometimes API things change.

#13 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

Hello

I will bring another fixed theme. If time allows I will put source to github and make a deb package. It is a super elegant green theme with right mouse button on the shelf issue and no systray appearance issue fixed. Soon in repo...

Enjoy :)

http://i.imgur.com/rYuGAJk.jpg 

PS: Duma thanx for that permissions stuff help :)

#14 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

bodhi-theme-moksha-green in repository

https://github.com/t...ter/MokshaGreen

#15 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:41 PM

Duma: I have noticed, you made a commit to Radiance theme with dirty Ephoto fix. Hmm, it works just in case the "save as" dialog is shown and I have to apply Radiance theme form elementary_config dialog. Next time I open save as dialog, there is the same bug..

#16 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:25 PM

Ah, OK. It was not included in new BL 3.2 release. After a debate with Jeff the theme was updated in repository. Good work Duma :)

#17 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

Today I repacked MokshaGreen theme because of my previous lack of theme making experience. I forgot including elementary and other (gtk2, gtk3 ...) related themes to the package. They are included now as well as Duma's dirty fix for Ephoto "save as" dialog bug. Package update soon in repository :)

http://i.imgur.com/BM9mbba.png

#18 BeGo

BeGo

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBogor, Indonesia

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:02 AM

Thanks for uploading my favourite Bodhi Theme, the onyx green. :)

#19 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1568 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

Hello again after some time

I had a taste today to fix another nice theme called detorious theme (bodhi-theme-moksha-detour). 

Before

fWMnEom.png

After

nUuO9Tj.png

So, what was fixed...:

• Systray background 
  • Temperature text 
  • Right mouse click on the shelf for menu popup.

Jeff will add the new package to the repo soon.

Enjoy :)

Stefan

#20 DimParf

DimParf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

Hi Stefan.

Please fix beautiful Moksha Moonlight theme. Systray is also black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users