53 replies to this topic

#41 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12522 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

Theme updates should be in the repos now. 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#42 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Thx Jeff

#43 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Hi guys

The story (as always :) ) : I wanted bring to life some bright themes but unfortunately Angelic theme was buggy and I did not manage its compiling. Then, looking at some more themes, I come across BlingBling theme which was consulted here on the forum a year ago by mbert and Duma users. I liked the theme but after compiling I realized it is the most unfinished theme I have ever seen. Ugly toolbar arrows, no themed run everything and syscon, no digital clock and ugly calendar and many many more. So after 2 full days let me show you the progress in theming:

Before

e-59c418d0b2f601.46546125.jpg

After

e-59c412dc573129.24347380.jpg

As usual all commits you can find here:

https://github.com/t.../commits/master

Enjoy :)

Stefan

#44 mbert

mbert

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

I liked the theme but after compiling I realized it is the most unfinished theme I have ever seen.

Yep, you're absolutely right. I found it "good enough" for my daily work and worthwhile publishing since there's hardly anything for 20 out there. 

Excellent work, thank you for having made this much more complete now!

#45 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Thanx for kind words. As I said to you it is far from complete. Mainly ELM support is weak. If anybody here is able to help us, I will appreciate it.

#46 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

i like the look of the analog clock. Now it looks like it belongs to the blingbling theme  :) Thanks Stefan

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#47 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

It looks like I have found another BlingBling theme source with better (but not perfect) Elementary support. Let me have some time for applying those changes.

DOOMguy: yes the analog clock looks great. I took it from different BlingBling theme. I combined more themes into one project. I found mbert's repository as a good start. 

#48 mbert

mbert

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:30 AM

It looks like I have found another BlingBling theme source with better (but not perfect) Elementary support. Let me have some time for applying those changes.

DOOMguy: yes the analog clock looks great. I took it from different BlingBling theme. I combined more themes into one project. I found mbert's repository as a good start. 

That would be great. There's also a second theme, VulcanRetro E20, that is based largely on identical code (what I did with blingbling-e20 I did with VulcanRetro E20, too). I guess that after analyzing your changes, filling the gaps in that one will be rather easy. 

#49 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

First steps to better elm

eJwv7Uy.jpg

#50 SmartDuck

SmartDuck

Zenware Developer

• Developer
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWaalwijk, the Netherlands

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

Great work. I love the bling bling theme. That was one of the reasons I got interrested in Enlightenment, great looking themes, something different.

Work netbook: Lenovo 110s Ideapad running Bodhi 4.3.1 64bit

Web server: HP Compaq Server running Bodhi 4.3.1 Legacy

#51 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:19 AM

Thanx SmartDuck. I made another improvements on my git. Wait some days, I need to fix also elm scrollers and I will release the deb package for all users.

https://github.com/t.../commits/master

#52 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Hello again

I am happy I have managed the elm scrollers fixing. There were no sliders and they appeared only in case of mouse wheel scroll and did not work at all.

e-59f64652c13881.71917910.jpg

Anyway, I made a lot of changes (33) which are enough for the deb package release and your testing. I hope you will like the theme and of course you will send me some extra money. LOL

the waiter

Ahh, the package name: bodhi-theme-moksha-blingbling

PS2: inside the package is the GTK Vertex_Light theme which should be set automatically (Jeff thx for help :) )

#53 mbert

mbert

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

By the way, the blingbling theme works quite well on e22, too. 

#54 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

Great mbert.

Anyway, I can see some minor issues with elm theme. Too big arrows for submenus and too big icons for elm buttons. Needs some attention. Moreover some devs wanted the Bryce shelf theming. If I will have time and taste, I can try it. Or anybody here is welcome to contribute. I feel so alone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users