• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lauscher

Lauscher

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

Hello!

I'm testing Moksha,e17 and e20 on my debian system.

I found that skippy xd is a fine working possibility to get an expose / scale windows effect in enlightenment. It is not a good replacement for alt+tab, but good for use with the mouse. I created a starter in ibar for mouse-use only, and that works fine. Even minimized windows are displayed including their content.

In the configuration file I set showAllDesktops=true to see all windows on all desktops.

I had some trouble with ecomorph in moksha, and in e20 it can't be build at all. The scale-windows module cannot be build, too.

(I couldn't enable composite in moksha without ecomorph, so I'm trying e20 for now.)

Maybe this information is useful for someone.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

I tried it on an earlier e distro which I have on a stick (usb stick) as a go-to diagnostic distro. SkippyXD works like a charm, particularly if you navigate by mouse. Nice eye candy too, but the extra keys on my keyboard are quick keys for the pager already. (Workspace left and workspace right, and focus that automatically recalls the last active window there)

Skippy is a nice alternative, and blends with e rather smoothly, if you prefer. So why not on moksha :) wondering what you meant when you wrote cannot enable composite without ecomorph when prior e version allowed it (see image at this location

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:26 AM

wondering what you meant when you wrote cannot enable composite without ecomorph when prior e version allowed it (see image at this location

Moskha does not include this compositing module. We do not want to maintain a compositing engine with Moksha - this is an extra / non-essential desktop component that only adds added complexity.

If you are looking for compositing with Moksha ecomorph and compton are both reasonable options.

Have any questions on specifics feel free to ask - welcome to the forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users