5 replies to this topic

#1 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:00 AM

I am again here with some cool info I would like to share with community. New tool (red eye removal tool) was added to Ephoto image viewer after my request to author some weeks ago. I hope we will try this feature and make deb package soon for you.

Enjoy :)

Thanx okra

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

thanks!

#3 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:04 AM

The unfortunate side effect is that the application is no longer a viewer but an image editor, which means your photos or images will be opened in read-write, instead of read-only. It is hoped that the red-eye removal tool will be the only thing it needs. I have used qiv for plain viewing, for example. It remains light and quick because it does one job perfectly well that the author has moved on and considered his little pet project no longer needs him to monitor for bugs or problem reports. He welcomes patches, but of course they might require some justification.

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1521 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:28 AM

It is a long time ago when Ephoto started to be an editor. Items like save, save as and features like crop and color manipulating are available for "ages". I have no problem with this. In general I like the fact I do not need to install more powerful app for such simple things like crop or other daily used stuff. But I accept your point of view. If you like read only app qiv, just use it.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12402 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

Almost every viewer includes minor editing features these days Jazz.

#6 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

Understood; besides there has to be a way to do a quick red-eye removal from those photos! And I'm glad I won't need to install anything else just for this "quick n easy" edit. It's way better than getting a more expensive camera  :)

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users