#1 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

Hello

I have just noticed, the forecasts module dates are bad (not actual but staying always on 11.04.2016) on my both PCs. I just need to ensure this a global issue and not just mine. Can you confirm that, please?

http://i.imgur.com/eDyOqKY.jpg

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

Previously on a system I use, I did notice the dates were completely wrong; trailing by a few days. Restarting Moksha took care of the issue.

#3 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

Restarting Moksha does not help. I have to track the issue inside the forecasts code...

#4 rosgood

rosgood

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

I saw this issue starting on April 11th where the dates no longer changed nor did the actual data displayed both on a new install of Moksha and old E19 install. 2 days ago that behavior stopped and now it does not display any data or the dates just three weather icons with 0 degrees displayed next to them. I am wondering if problem with data source

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

Yea, definitely. Hard to say if it will be fixed by itself...

#6 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

Good bye forecasts module

https://www.igorkrom...d-crippling-it/

#7 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1543 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:15 PM

Good bye forecasts module

https://www.igorkrom...d-crippling-it/

Hmm maybe it could be fixed ...

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#8 Elw3

Elw3

• Moderators
  • 1769 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

As if yahoo has the only weather site in the internet. 

Bad Wolf

#9 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

Ylee: yes, there is a solution available. I am working on it. Need to dive into code again

#10 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

Elw3: using other weather sites means rewriting almost all forecast module source. It is over my time and knowledge...

#11 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1543 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

Ylee: yes, there is a solution available. I am working on it. Need to dive into code again

A simple approach is change the query, for example for my location, this works

I am not sure if it is as simple as changing the link in the forecast module to reflect this API change  ... it should work if the xml file is the same, meaning forecast can parse it. I lack time currently to test it.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#12 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

Yes. It is the solution which I am working on. I though it would be easy only with replacing the request but it did not work. I will do some tests this evening.

#13 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1543 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

Stefan ran into some difficulties with this so I have been working on fixing the new yahoo weather api and parsing code in the forecast module. Grunt work once I grokked what was going on with the code :(

anyways I have the code working but still gotta clean up some loose ends but regardless here is a screen shot:

NkZPq36.png

#14 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:04 PM

Fantastic job Robert.

Thanx for your help. I tested it and it works great here. It will need to do some cosmetics in settings. I mean text before city code textbox and explaining where to obtain the city code. According your code, you decided to put there the city name, not code. Do we want it this way, or we will put woeid code? Let me know, please...

Stefan

#15 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1543 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

Fantastic job Robert.

Thanx for your help. I tested it and it works great here. It will need to do some cosmetics in settings. I mean text before city code textbox and explaining where to obtain the city code. According your code, you decided to put there the city name, not code. Do we want it this way, or we will put woeid code? Let me know, please...

Stefan

My testing was using a url that works for my location and i used city name but I think woeid code would be better ... i did not mess with any of the settings stuff as a diff or a patch would show ;)

#16 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

OK, so I will modify the url to woeid version and fix settings text. If time allows I will make debs for BL 3.2 and 2.x.

#17 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1543 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

I also noticed some non related issues with the module like leaving artifacts on the screen when removing gadget and e17/moksha restarting when unloading module ... and it doesn't always unload on the first time and more but regardless it is mostly working and I am ignoring the other issues i noted for now. May or may not get around to debugging them and if i do who knows when. I'll put it on my list of issues tho.

For now it is more important to get a working version of it in the repos using yahoos new api. And thank you for taking over some of what Jeff or me used to have to do and all your work on modules in general. It is greatly appreciated.

#18 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1512 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

Kind words Robert, thanx. Although my face is red of shame I did not succeed in this case :(

#19 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1543 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

Kind words Robert, thanx. Although my face is red of shame I did not succeed in this case:(

You would have eventually. You were on the right track, it was just easier for me to see it clearly. I have much more experience with C than you and I saw a similarity to telnet in the way the code grabbed the xml because I used to have to use telnet back in the "stone ages."  We are a community here and those that help pitch in at whatever skill level skill set they have and whatever free time they have or are willing to give. A lot of routine and not so routine tasks have to be done by somebody ... and Jeff has more than enough on his plate. I just regret my current employment and lifestyle restricts severely the time I have esp compared to a few years ago when I was building bods :(

#20 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:11 PM

Thanks to all of you! We appreciate your hard work!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users