52 replies to this topic

#41 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

... one of these days I will spend some time on the API set. 

As I mentioned as I was just curious... thanks for the feedback :)

No problem. And good luck with "the API set." The Enlightenment stuff itself is not documented anywhere except in the source code itself and the source code for other modules and apps which use it. :( Sadly...

But regardless I think I have a fix for the segfault issue as well as a couple other forecast issue alluded to above but not explicitly described here ... anyway as soon as possible the deb will undated to reflect these changes.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#42 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1538 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:12 PM

All packages ready for update. Damn, it is so time consuming work. I begin to hate creating packages :)

#43 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1559 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

Any issues noticed post here and document how to reproduce the issue. Non-reproducible issues are hard to debug if they even exists. And thanks The Waiter for packaging this for us and catching a borked edit I did on git hub :D

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#44 Kev

Kev

An Aged Technophile

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

One of these days ... soon I hope... I am going to retire and then will code for the fun of it instead of for business reasons.   I used to enjoy coding, but this current project I am on has me seriously thinking about retirement and what I am going to do when I retire.  Things like this forecast module would probably be fun to work on not having to worry about some international company deciding at the last minute they need to make their software actually usable across the actual globe...  Coding can be frustrating but its also a labor of love sometimes.  I keep saying 7 more years and I can retire....  didn't mean to hijack but I think its cool that there are those of you out there coding modules and applications for Linux and it feels like you really enjoy it and I miss that in my day job.

- Kevin

#45 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1559 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:50 PM

If you read many of my posts you will figure out I am an overly educated brick mason who codes for fun and since I have been using bodhi sometimes for what is necessary for the Bodhi community. That said I really don't enjoy working on Enlightenment stuff mostly because of the complete lack of documentation and partially because programming in C properly is difficult more so than say almost any modern language. I have alot of past C programming experience but that was long ago and mostly in the MS-DOS days. I do however use the forecast module and I did not want to see it go by the wayside or wait until the e-devs made it work with the new yahoo API. Seems they forgot it or at the least it is not an urgent need on their part. I too wish I could retire and code for fun and devote more time to Bodhi ...

I am however thankful for the work The Waiter has put into improving the modules and making deb files :)

#46 Elw3

Elw3

• Moderators
  • 1769 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

So how again do i obtain the Location ID? 

The site mentioned within this tool appears to only work in the US. And contrary to many beliefs this does not cover the globe. 

Bad Wolf

#47 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1538 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

In the last commit we added a possibility to put a city name directly. It works ok here.

#48 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1559 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

In the last commit we added a possibility to put a city name directly. It works ok here.

Hmm well sadly it doesn't work correctly in all cases. It is broken when city names contain spaces. See the issue I just reported  Forecast Module: Spaces in city name

I hope to fix this soon and will announce here when the fix is in the repos, but until then users using city names with spaces  replace all spaces with '%20" and it will work. For example if you live in:

My Home Town

enter

My%20Home%20Town 

into the forecast settings entry. One a fix for this issue hits the repo and you have undated you will have to remove the '%20"s from the city name string.

#49 ylee

ylee

• Moderators
  • 1559 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

So how again do i obtain the Location ID? 

The site mentioned within this tool appears to only work in the US. And contrary to many beliefs this does not cover the globe. 

The site used to work for international addresses. But now it seems the site mentioned in the module is now broken even for US (well for my location anyways). We will prob change it to another site

#50 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1538 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

This address has been added to the forecast module. Wait for some more fixes we are working on and then for package... 

https://github.com/t.../commits/master

#51 Elw3

Elw3

• Moderators
  • 1769 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

New link works here. 

But i notice several crashes when moving/resizing the gadged. Maybe having it placed two times (different cities) causes that...

Also interesting but not exactly related to this module i guess: Pasting the number does not work, furthermore when i switched the theme the box was completely write protected. 

Bad Wolf

#52 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1538 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

Yes you are right. All e_widget_entry components are paste protected. I have tested some later e releases and it works ok there. We need to find what was changed and port changes.

I tried several themes to confirm write protection, but that did not happen. Could you tell me the theme name in which this happens? 

Also, no issue here with moving, resizing the gadget. Maybe this issue can be related to Moksha seqfault problem which was solved by turning off the window geometry pop ups. Just an idea... 

#53 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1538 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

Ahh, no, I am wrong. Problem with data pasting is related to our Clipboard module. If you turn it off, pasting will be OK. I am sure Ylee knows this bug. We should fix it if possible. 

EDIT: yes, the issue in _cb_event_selection function. We return ECORE_CALLBACK_DONE but return ECORE_CALLBACK_PASS_ON should be there. But in this case another issue appears. Need to do some research...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users