Hello from the hot state of Texas!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 linux-dummie

linux-dummie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

Hello, all. Just installed Bodhi latest 32-bit this past Friday. I've been using a few distro's for 6 years after I gave up on Windoes. Whew! Doesn't feel like it's been that long---Linux is a fun ride!

I'm a minimalist by nature and wanted to try out Bodhi's offering. It's really great! Had a problem installing my Nvidia driver, but another thread in the forum helped me to fix that quite easily, which I greatly appreciated. And many thanks to Mr Jeff Hoogland for the work he has put into building this highly polished, powerful distro. It takes work to make things simple!

Seems like some very intelligent people hang out in this forum, so I'll be visiting often, even though I am a . . . linux-dummie :D .

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1061 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:50 AM

welcome from a fellow dummy!  Bodhi really is sweet!

#3 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

Welcome!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#4 bob rashkin

bob rashkin

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Location26.13N, 97.63W

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

Howdy (from San Benito)

Bob Rashkin

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

Welcome to the boards mate! My wife and I have actually been looking to move out to the Dallas area at some point soon. Aside from the crazy weather variance seems like a nice area.

#6 Tristam

Tristam

Distro Whipping Boy

• Administrators
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:55 PM

Texas is well known for baking northerners half to death...

Some days you're the pigeon, some days the statue

#7 linux-dummie

linux-dummie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes, fellow Bodhi-ers! Jeff, yeah, TX is getting better and better as a place to live in the US, for several reasons. Don't know if you have your heart set on Dallas, but maybe you might want to look into the Austin area--a LOT more tech happening there and I think it has more attractive/interesting surroundings. I wouldn't recommend Houston, unless you love to melt in a totally drenched sauna environment! Heh, but at least it's the home of PCLinuxOS, one of the best distros, IMHO.

And Tristam, it gets so hot here that air-conditioners are part of survivalist-gear packages!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users