5 replies to this topic

#1 aFriend

aFriend

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEngland, Uk

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:25 AM

Hello,

Thank you for the wonderfulness of Bodhi, and the forum to help us (currently Window 7 users) get there. I have already been reading some of the posts and guides, and that is helping me think about the factors and steps in this time of transition from Windows to Bodhi Linux.  I write this as I download Bodhi 3.2.

I have been here on this forum in a previous incarnation! What's different this time is that my wife (who is, in the nitty gritty sense, tech averse) is now committed to our move to Bodhi Linux. This happened after we read about Windows 10 recently: essentially about a loss of control over our operating system and desktop (even hardware, given that Microsoft are now placing limits on what hardware certain versions of Windows will support). We were taken a back to discover that we would have no control over updates, the addition or withdrawal of features etc. - and there are great concerns about privacy.

To indicate our commitment (to ourselves) towards moving away from an absolute dependence on Windows to using Bodhi Linux as our main operating system, we also decided to become Bodhi members - as much for ourselves, and also of course for the community. 

Thanks once again for being here. I am gladdened to join you. 

Windows7x64; Dell xps7100 AMD PhenomIIx6 (no uefi); Familiarising myself with Bodhi 3.2x64 and Linux in Virtualbox for Windows, while gradually learning and planning to move to Bodhi as my main OS. 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12493 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

Welcome to the boards mate. Have any questions or hit any snags while getting setup feel free to ask :)

#3 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

Welcome - don't hesitate with linux - jump right in - Bodhi is a very sweet distro.  setup may take some time for what you may want but once it is running it is stable beyond belief.

#4 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

Greetings from across the pond, glad both of you were openminded enough to try something new, without the need to upgrade the equipment nor renew any despicable EULAs. The only upgrade you needed was a "soft" upgrade to wife 1.1 from 1.0. :) And maybe those drapes she pointed out to you not too long ago.

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#5 Jayan Tashi

Jayan Tashi

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:38 AM

Imho, ordinary folks like me from the Commonwealth condemn what appears as a terrorist incident in Manchester a few hours ago. Human life is precious. Please refrain from harming onself or others. http://www.bbc.com/n...hester-40007967

Son. Student. Citizen.

#6 SmartDuck

SmartDuck

Zenware Developer

• Developer
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWaalwijk, the Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

Welcome and enjoy Bodhi! A relief compared to most other cluttered distros.

Running...

Bodhi 4.3.1 64bit on a Lenovo 110s

Bodhi 4.1.0 Legacy on a Dell Latitude D505
Damn Small 4.4.10 on an old Compaq Armada 1590DT (48MB memory and 3GB harddisk and still usable for administration tasks)
A couple of Raspberry Pi 's,

Arduino' s

and MSX 1 and 2 computers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users