4 replies to this topic

#1 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1577 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:52 PM

I am not usually one to ask questions but I was wondering whether anyone has managed to compile Efl/Enlightenment with systemd support and got it to work?

I attempted this using Lubuntu-16.04 and I get efreet errors when booting into e20:

E.Efreet could not build cache. Please check your DBus setup

Oddly enough if  I boot into Lubuntu first and then log out I don't get the errors  :unsure: I thought maybe it was something wrong in the configuration options I was using in the compilation of the code but I get the same errors when i install using the enlightenment-git PPA. With the added problem that e20 in git is unstable as hell but the  niko2040/e19 ppa doesn't currently support Ubuntu 16.04.

So what am I missing if anything? Anyone managed to get this to work and if so on what distro and how?

Please Note

This question by no means should be taken to suggest I support systemd. I am well aware of the controversy. While I am undecided essentially on this issue overall I lean towards supporting its critics. And for the record I have no idea where Bodhi is going to go with its future releases ...

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

Doesn't Debian have systemd?

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#3 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1577 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

Doesn't Debian have systemd?

I believe it currently does that is why some ppl got mad and forked it.

But whether or not debian is using sysemd is sort of irrelevant to this question. Perhaps i could try compiling on a different distro but the time compiling everything to get e20 functioning is not conducive to me distro hoping and hoping I find a distro where the problem above disappears. 

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#4 Kev

Kev

An Aged Technophile

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

Outside Bodhi, I use Slackware which doesnt use systemd so compiling enlightenment hasn't been an issue.  It appears that a few distros that did at one time offer E as a desktop now don't and they appear to use systemd.

- Kevin

#5 simotek2

simotek2

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:53 AM

openSUSE compiles efl / enlightenment support. Its the preferred option for systems with systemd running as it better intergrates etc. Running enlightenment under wayland requires systemd support but outside of that its optional, you just need sane commands in your /etc/enlightenment/sysactions.conf.

EFL 1.19 will swap to enabling systemd in the build by default but there will be an optional disable for distros that don't support it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users