6 replies to this topic

#1 Penguinclaw

Penguinclaw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and to Bodhi. I have rescued a fading Presario CQ61 from the brink and I must say this disro fits my remit of a usable and pretty distro for it's out of  date hardware. Learning the ropes of both this laptop and Bodhi ;)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:08 PM

welcome and enjoy Bodhi!  where in the UK?

#3 aka jazz

aka jazz

• Banned
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

Welcome, and we're not used to calling them 'out-of-date'; we must redefine what that term means :) I must have missed that memo

Screenshots of e17 at the Gallerie des shedied and here for just one only. Incidentally,why don't you try our friendly IRC channel for some help? (link up top) or watch an e-ducational clip that's 2 and a half minutes long

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:26 AM

Welcome to the boards mate. Bodhi keeps hardware of all sizes snapping along at a brisk pace.

#5 Penguinclaw

Penguinclaw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:15 PM

Thank you guys! I'm living in Salisbury, not far from Stonehenge!! As for the speed, I'm truely amazed and will definitely be sticking around. In fact I am going to start recommending this as my number one lightweight distro. I used to love Crunchbang back when it was still around; This suits me much better though.

#6 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

Cool place to hang out.  I have friends in London and Totnes-Devon and esp. York! I always wanted to get to Yorkshire - a Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter fan!

#7 Penguinclaw

Penguinclaw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

I used to live in London but it's got too busy for me now :) Married and settled down in the glorious Wiltshire countryside ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users