34 replies to this topic

#21 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

I just tried a new .e directory and the problem still persists.  I will do whatever I can to help just let me know when. And with resetting e the only thing I changed from the default setup was to turn on the clipboard module, and add it to the shelf.

I will msg ya on here sometime after i get home.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 James

James

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

Installed it, we'll see how it goes!

#23 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1542 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:10 AM

Great to hear. Let us know.
BTW, we are also looking for po translators. If anyone is interested, we will be happy. Only English and Slovak are available now.

#24 James

James

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:13 AM

Randy, try going into settings on the clipboard module... Left-click then go to the settings tab and put a tick in Primary Selection at top in the options field for how you want the clipboard to save items. It should help, I did that, it seems to be that by default it saves primarily when you control +C, however, after doing that it works perfectly for me. 

#25 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:52 PM

@James Problem Solved! I never even checked the settings.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#26 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1542 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

...and now when the problem is solved, you can start translating...:)))

#27 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

It has been brought to our attention that the clipboard module placed on a shelf set to autohide breaks the ability of the said shelf to autohide after the clipboard gadget has been clicked. As a result I have fixed this issue and updated the clipboard module in our repos. Note this includes an update for the e21 clipboard module as well. 

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#28 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

sorry - the technical side of Bodhi and what you guys do leaves me breathless.  so i do not follow everything.  but this clipboard dynamic has been a bit of a chore as such compared to mac os X that i have used since it came out until a year and a half ago.

so - you guys are fixing it so thet you can copy from one app - close the app - and it should still copy anywhere or until you copy something new?

james: - if i download it....

Randy, try going into settings on the clipboard module... Left-click then go to the settings tab and put a tick in Primary Selection at top in the options field for how you want the clipboard to save items. It should help, I did that, it seems to be that by default it saves primarily when you control +C, however, after doing that it works perfectly for me. 

where or how do i get into the clipboard module to check the settings?  

Thanks - 

you guys should be glad i am not coding for you with my bad dyslexic typos.

hell i might launch a helicopter from the nearby arm base....

:-)))))  Hah! Hah! hah!

#29 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4472 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

SettingsPanel > Extensions > Clip......

Enjoy,

Charles

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#30 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

so does this solve the problem?  also will this be in a future update?  may download it later and try to get settings working and see what happens.

Thanks guys!

#31 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4472 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

so does this solve the problem?  also will this be in a future update?  may download it later and try to get settings working and see what happens.

Thanks guys!

Why download? It is part of the default moksha and the gadget is in the shelf. Maybe you de-activated it. If so just load the module again in the settings and add the gadget where you like it. It will be updated to the latest version every time you update your system.

Enjoy,

Charles

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#32 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

ahhh i did remove it - so when you remove it from the shelf it no longer works? or works in a better mode?  sory had to ask.

#33 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4472 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

Removing the gadget makes it less useful but if the module is loaded it still works.

If you go to a website and copy 3 separated links (1 by 1) from there they all go to the clipboard. With the gadget you can determine which one gets pasted where by clicking on the gadget and select an entry. Without the gadget you can not make a choice.

Be brave and try things like this. It is so much more satisfying finding an answer all by yourself. You are smart enough.  ;)

#34 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

Ok - i was going to ask if it worked by not being in the shelf,  i guess it does.  and no i did not disable it that i know of but did remove from shelf.  just have minimal stuff on shelf and desktop.  I also did not know that that is how it worked.  so by me asking and you explaining i know more than just assuming it was a single use/single purpose item.

not to say this for the 20th time but i work real hard to get thes systems looking and working like i want and need them that I just hate to start goofing with stuff and then they become less useful to me than they should be and that i need them to be.

but he - i now know to sudo apt-get update in terminal off the top of my head.  too many rocks up there banging around all of theses years.

Thanks Charles!

#35 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

i was wondering why there was a clipboard on the shelf on install.  i figured that this was just a mode of copy and apste and that was it.  so i deleted it from the shelf.  I did not know that it had more possibilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users