http://www.bodhilinu...-alpha-release/

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 gohlip

gohlip

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

Thank you again, Jeff. 

Tested, installed and writing from it here.

Installation is very fast and fuss-free.

So far, the resizing windows is much easier (to grab corners or side to resize).

Will alert any thing else as I discover.

But overall, is a better place to begin customization (than from older versions - file thingies in desktop, ...)

Much more refined.

Great improvement.

Cheers and regards.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.

#3 Ariya

Ariya

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:55 PM

I had upgraded Bodhi-3.2.1 64 bit to Xenial and upgraded apt. Everything works quite well. Today downloaded 4.0 alpha. Moksha is 0.2.0 in that too. In my upgraded Bodhi-3.2.1, the Bodhi repo is still Trusty. I see the same in 4.0 alpha. would there be some difference in the new Bodhi xenial repo? Would there be a new Moksha?

At the moment, I'm not changing to the Bodhi xenial repos. Or should I?

#4 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:01 AM

We do not support or test upgrading between Ubuntu bases using the Bodhi repos. If may very well work fine for you - but please do not file bug reports while using a system created that way.

There are some small differences in the Moksha builds between 4.0.0 and 3.2.1, but not much. You can check Git for Moksha to see the changes.

#5 Ariya

Ariya

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

Well, I did this before 4.0 alpha was out. After changing Trusty to Xenial, I updated the 3.2.1 to it, and then dist-upgraded it. Had to upgrade Apt, so it would match the Xenial base. Moksha appears to be OS-agnostic (base-agnostic). In the alpha release, there is no Bodhi repos activated. And, you have said "Note everything in here is considered unstable until mentioned otherwise." So, staying away from changing Bodhi repos to Xenial, until you say its OK.

Will be awaiting the 4.0 final release.

#6 Digimancer

Digimancer

Entropy Source

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLurking in /dev/random

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:36 PM

Grabbed the distro, and it's running nicely on some new Skylake i7-6500 hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users