• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trav87

Trav87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

My HP Pavillion dv4000 is quite possibly my longest commitment; I have the 1.6 ghz chipset, 512 mb RAM, the original 60gb HDD with an additional 160 gb.  I hadn't touched this machine in roughly 6 years for anything more than hunting down old files and copying them all over to external. You get the idea, it had become a "wall-hanger." 

So, I recently discovered LiLi USB creator and started testing out various Linux builds in VirtualBox.  I've always been interested in learning the OS but didn't have much luck in '09 when I played around with a friend's copy of Fedora and I'd basically written it off. That is, until I cleaned out my office and drug out my old college dinosaur.

In short, I said "adios Windows XP" and allowed Bodhi to take over.  I could not be more pleased as this decade old machine of mine quite possibly runs better than my newer PCs and laptop.  And I am loving Linux so far, even though I'm just beginning to learn it. 

Mad props to all the development team.  Out of all the distros I tested, Bodhi is the chosen one. 

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:57 PM

Kind words :)

Enjoy the speed and beauty of Bodhi Linux and helpful community. Feel free to ask any question if you come across some troubles or you need just some info...

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12327 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:13 PM

Welcome to the boards mate. Hit any issues be sure to open up a support thread.

#4 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:27 AM

welcome to Bodhi!  It is a very nice distro.

#5 bob rashkin

bob rashkin

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Location26.13069N,97.63676W

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

Howdy from San Benito, TX

Bob Rashkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users