• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tomprofan

tomprofan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

Hi !

Hob can I change the width and size of the scrollbars. My eyes are not so good anymore and miss them... ;)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hello and welcome

Scrollbar of which application? 

I can promise I will try some ideas how to do that but the first thing that came in my mind was "why should I use a scrollbar, I can use mouse wheel or touchpad gestures to substitute which is more handy". I know this is not that kind of answer you expect but it is possible of course...

Stefan

#3 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:57 PM

A few things that ought to be mentioned too. There may be applications themed by GTK2, or GTK3. Then there are those elementary-themed applications, e-themed programs, you get the idea. So if you can tell us which application did you have in mind, then we can figure out  which one did the skinning or theming, and maybe take it from there, before one can just go and change the width. And most of the time, to add to what the waiter already said, the scrollbar could be redundant, since the scroll wheel/touchpad/gesture works, if not PageUp or PageDown keys.

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

#4 tomprofan

tomprofan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

For example firefox, PCMANFM or geany. tx.thomas

#5 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1657 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

Is your request related to Bodhi Linux? Do you have an experience of changing possibility from other Linux distributions?

#6 tomprofan

tomprofan

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hi

http://www.enlighten...13.05253786.jpg

http://www.enlighten...42.74199687.jpg

can you see the vertical and horizontal scroolbars. They are so slim?

Is this a setting just on my laptop?

#7 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:25 AM

()No, it's not a laptop setting; the default theme Dark was designed that way. The slim scrollbars maximize the workspace. For geany, the blank page; for Firefox, one gets maximum page or image size accordingly. But it's not for everyone.( Have you tried switching themes in the meantime, if you're feeling a bit adventurous though not in a nuts-and-bolts-way) Why not check out Duma's Radiance or one of Agust's awesome themes? If the scrollbar width is keeping one from his productivity goals, the theme may not be right for him; if one takes it upon himself to change the width directly, I believe the team could use the help of one with the skill, the patience, and the time.Maybe the other desktop window managers were in a recruiting phase they never got out of, or left their stuff in permanent beta, like Google, and let their users fix stuff on their own Call it a fork if it makes you happy. Which kind of leads to the waiter's line of questioning.

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users