4 replies to this topic

#1 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

http://fossforce.com/2016/09/1599830/

have not spent enough time with this but love this app more than gimp - I am used to photoshop but the freakin quirks of gimp and stuff that is just not consistent or logical makes it a bummer for me.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:12 PM

You might consider skimming through http://arstechnica.c...005/08/mystery/and the other 2 articles on image editing. They might give you another perspective of gimp. At the very least I would imagine you will get a little info on image editing what ever software you use.

#3 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

thanks birdmun - seen that a while ago but they do not address the few issues i am having.

stupid things too.

:-)

#4 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

I'd have to echo birdmun, but I did learn all about GIMP online using these tutorials; the rest are just wannabe's, plus the advantage of gimp not being tied to KDE (or kdelibs) or Gnome. After learning gimp, I haven't looked any place else. It helped me greatly to do mashups and fill my online gallery with nothing but e17 screenshots.

@graywizardlinux Have a look and see if you still face the same issues.

I used Photoshop at work before, but have logged all other hours after work to Gimp :)

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

#5 kozaki

kozaki

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLondon >.< Paris

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

@staind the google link in your post opens Image magick usage examples. Note that's a amazingly powerful tool too ;)

I just realized Bodhi does use less power on my netbook than already super efficient Arch... geez <3

Seeding Bodhi (in gig) v3.2.1: 285 and Legacy: 59; Bodhi 4.0.0alpha2: 12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users