7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12504 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:24 PM

Getting closer! Alot of the rough edges are out, but not all of them just yet. Alpha 2 for Bodhi 4.0.0 now with a 32bit flavor in the mix:

http://www.bodhilinu...onation-totals/

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Yay for the 32bit flavor. Thank you for not leaving it yet \o/

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

#3 DaveL60

DaveL60

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

Yay for the 32bit flavor. Thank you for not leaving it yet \o/

I'll second that. Running Bodhi on a 64-bit laptop with too little memory, so the 32-bit OS runs much better on my system.

#4 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

i've downloaded the iso twice from sourceforge, and MD5sum shows 7332AA7C55556C7C1DC99E025B9BD41B

which does not match the MD5 provided there. (I use the onlinemd5.com freebie generator and compare utility.)  How come?

edit: my bad. The 32bit is fine (never should have used that other machine at work); will be giving it a test drive this morning.

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

#5 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:03 AM

Check out the sequel, unetbootin issues

#6 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

why use unetbootin when dd works for geeks, non-geeks, and the less technically inclined? The USB stick with the 32-bit ISO brought me all the way to the Moksha desk with the Bodhi logo. [In Professor Farnsworth's voice]  Good news everyone!  :D 

#7 Kev

Kev

An Aged Technophile

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:50 PM

Love it when OS's are under 1G !   :)

- Kevin

#8 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:06 AM

And when they stare at the screen as you repeat what they thought they heard: Was Windows 7. Was. And you insert the stick in the USB slot. Put away your credit card, muchacho (as the boot messages start scrolling by)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users