Module Master

• Developer
  • 1655 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:43 PM

I hope everything is ready...

- added config to the extensions section 

- notification on/off added

- message about the folder where the screenshot was saved added /good for new users

http://i.imgur.com/cXXcAo9.png

Just commited ...

Enjoy :)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 tuk0z

tuk0z

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLondon >.< Paris

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

Holy cow! jpg/png, choice to (not) launch ePhoto, timer with screen notification are really cool new features for the Moksha Screenshot too :)

EDIT: this too

PS: What I did not know and found in the code was, you can grab only the active window (not whole desktop) if you bind short key with "take shot" item under "window : actions" section. Great :)

Just right click in the window-border to see "take-screenshot" in the pop-up menu. It will only grab the window. Very useful.

Charles.

I just realized Bodhi does use less power on my netbook than already super efficient Arch... geez <3

Seeding Bodhi v4.2 Legacy: 3.50 GiB up to now.

#23 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1655 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:31 PM

Yea. It would be nice to make a short tutorial for this module after release as it offers many features which have been revealed or added.

#24 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12517 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:13 PM

In addition to the improvements to the screenshot module I have implemented a number of the improvements to the main menu discussed here. Please try the testing branch of the 4.0.0 repo and let me know what you think.

#25 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12517 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

What will be the main menu in Moksha 0.2.1 snapshot:

CmcYPEs.png

#26 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:45 PM

@jeff

I personally like the Bodhi menu just like it is. Looking at what I can see of your new menu it looks good to me too. The only thing I might like to see changed is the label "System to "System Shutdown".

Edit: I do like that you combined the about stuff and rest under the about operating system submenu. It does help clean it up.  Also, would it be a good idea to put eepdater in the top level?

What I mentioned in the desktop topic about LXDE's menu wouldn't apply to Bodhi. I can use Bodhi's Favorite App  Settings to accomplish the same thing, with the exception being in LXDE I can get them on the top level. LXDE doesn't have a favorites submenu.

What I do in LXDE is customization for new Linux users. Mainly I make entries in the top level and use generic names like File Manager, Internet, Manage Photo's Etc. And I point them to the appropriate Linux App that is installed. I do this because one of the hardest things for new Linux users is figuring out the program names and what they do. As I said I can get the same thing in Bodhi using the favorites settings.

In the scheme of things I'm not sure what everybody thinks is so confusing about the Bodhi menu. Way back when I started using Bodhi, I don't remember it taking me very long to figure it out. It seem pretty straight forward to me. I wonder If it's just that enlightenment/Moksha has so many options compared to other desktops?

• Kev likes this
Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#27 sixtharmy

sixtharmy

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

I don't see any problems with the upper level menu entries as you've outlined them. In fact, I think they cleanup and clarify the menu considerably. However, I sort of like to shorten entries in my desktop menus so as to limit the size of menu boxes. For instance I'd like to display "Screenshot" rather than "Take Screenshot" and "About OS" rather than "About Operating System," and maybe "QuickLaunch" rather than "Quick Launcher. Using these entries would reduce the width of the upper level box by about half. There are several ways that I've found to make these sort of Name edits for individual applications and the application types menus, but I've never been able to find any editable text file(s) for the upper level entries. Could you tell me where I might find them? This is purely for my own customization. I'm not suggesting that my shortened entries be adopted in any release. Thanks.

#28 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12517 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

The menu options at the top level are not generate by configuration files - they require recompiling Moksha to change. One of the reasons the desktop is so quick is because it uses compiled data and binary files for many things.

#29 sixtharmy

sixtharmy

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

Thanks Jeff. I didn't realize that the top level options were so deeply embedded, but that explains why I could never find them. I have 4.0 running on my desktop and 3.2 running on my laptop. Based on their hardware these machines should perform about the same, but 4.0 is much quicker. Kudos on a job well done.

#30 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:58 AM

Like the main menu except the loss of the "all setttings". But I understand why you did it, and I can still get the same cascading menu using "everything". But as I expected your off to a good start with the beta's. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#31 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12517 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:02 AM

You can re-enable that deep menu in the settings actually. It is just a check box buried in there somewhere.

#32 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:30 AM

Good to Know! Thanks!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users