15 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:48 AM

I might swap the default theme in Bodhi 4.0.0 to something fresh. Any thoughts on which one from the AppCenter you'd prefer? I might keep things simple and just go with the default Enlightenment theme since that has the best elementary support which makes some things easy.

Having a new look makes it easier for new users to distinguish a new release from the old as well.

Thoughts?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1457 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:09 AM

Check the green theme from my github which is not present in AppCenter... I fixed some bugs there and it looks pretty cool with elementary support.

https://github.com/t...ter/MokshaGreen

http://imgur.com/rYuGAJk

#3 bob rashkin

bob rashkin

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Location26.13069N,97.63676W

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:50 AM

My .02: I like to use the default Enlightenment theme, at least at first.

Bob Rashkin

#4 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Keep the default too, if it is perfect in every way, to showcase the best features of the distro, but the green theme that the waiter is talking about is perfect as a Bodhi theme and should only be a few clicks away.

Sorry SUSE but looks like green will soon be 0wn3d by Bodhi. Don't worry we can share  B)

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

#5 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4330 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:50 PM

Is there some misunderstanding here?
Bodhi currently defaults to the Radiance theme that has a few quirks atm.
Then there is the second theme, the default Enlightenment, dark with blue elements like the clock and more.

In my understanding the question is: should we replace the Radiance theme with something else.

Personally I like the Moonlight theme, maybe with a new background to look fresh for B4.

@ The waiter. Is your green theme a variation on the Enlightenment Default? Your background is great btw.

Enjoy,
Charles.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#6 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1457 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

Charles: I also like the moonlight theme. I also fixed this theme on my git. I can see two issues here. I think it does not cover elementary stuff and secondly, controls are on the left window border side which could be confusing for some users...

http://i.imgur.com/nALGPCf.png

#7 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1457 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

BTW: I always have got a "green" feeling from the Bodhi Linux. This distro approach is by all means green in my POV. Less HW and system resources, old PCs resurrection (good for nature : ), the green leaf in the logo and fantastic calm non-offending community forum is the real GREEN POWER :)

#8 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4330 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

hmm, forgot about the leftside buttons as I used to change that in the advanced theme settings for a rightsided buttons border from another theme.

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#9 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1457 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

Yea. Ofcourse the themes combination is possible but the new users do not know it. Just my pov. Maybe it is time to explore how to change buttons to the right in edc file. Need some time which I havent got now.

#10 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

• Team
  • 179 posts
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, UK

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

My absolute favourite is the Forum theme, which (as its name implies) matches the look of this forum. But I know it's not to everyone's taste...

#11 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12333 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

The forum theme might actually be an OK choice. It is fairly feature complete in terms of GTK / Elementary theme if I recall. Will have to see how well it works with the latest release.

Another idea is to customize this variation of the default theme that is light by default instead of dark:

ice1.jpg

#12 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4330 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:50 PM

Ah, that is good looking, making a real difference with the dark themes we had recently.
And the terminology icon back too, please.

Enjoy,
Charles.

#13 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1457 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:09 PM

Better than the default dark theme which looks too ascetic for me...

#14 kozaki

kozaki

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationLondon >.< Paris

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

Sorry SUSE but looks like green will soon be 0wn3d by Bodhi. Don't worry we can share  B)

BTW: I always have got a "green" feeling from the Bodhi Linux. This distro approach is by all means green in my POV. Less HW and system resources, old PCs resurrection (good for nature : ), the green leaf in the logo and fantastic calm non-offending community forum is the real GREEN POWER :)

hé hé hé ^_^

I for myself run for the KISSer one as colors and bling bling are like make-up. Actually the Japan theme is getting some interest at the DIY house where I'm setting Bodhi up. It's another, east Asian road to the efficient enlightened philosophy you guys pointed out ^o^

I just realized Bodhi does use less power on my netbook than already super efficient Arch... geez <3

Seeding Bodhi (in gig) v3.2.1: 285 and Legacy: 59; Bodhi 4.0.0alpha2: 12.

#15 BeGo

BeGo

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBogor, Indonesia

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

Check the green theme from my github which is not present in AppCenter... I fixed some bugs there and it looks pretty cool with elementary support.

https://github.com/t...ter/MokshaGreen

http://imgur.com/rYuGAJk

I 2nd Moksha Green as my favourite Moksha Theme.

I will continue using it, but,

I will definitely try it when someone made Bodhi "transparent" theme.  :)

Renan

#16 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1457 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

What do you mean with transparent theme? I have some stuff transparent if I use ecomorph set up with Moksha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users