Hi there Bodhi people! New to the forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bats

Bats

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:39 PM

I've recently(in the last week)installed Bodhi 3.2 on my netbook and it's got to be the quickest and most fun system I've experienced.

Needless to say,the netbook has never performed so well. Althoughit's a huge learning curve to try and configure settings and just generally work my way through the various menu's etc.but hey, it's so much fun doing it.

Keep up the good work on a great linux system and brace yourselves for a ton of "How do I" questions! Best Regards

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

welcome and read the wiki thoroughly - it helps a lot.

#3 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

Welcome! Questions are what this forum does best!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#4 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 1012 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

i thought it was answers....

:lol:

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12416 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:32 AM

Welcome to the boards!

#6 staind

staind

• Banned
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

There will be close to a hundred questions, questions that we have seen before, dozens have seen even before we even thought of them, and most of them begin with "How do I..." and these questions persist because so many people discover things about their computer that were previously kept in the dark, and there still are machines out there that have a lock on them, which could be a little piece of tape with the words Warranty void if seal is broken or similar. The old questions have long been dealt with, and if you head over to tldp.org (The Linux documentation project), you will see some semblance of order, and some organization to help you figure out what to do with your new system, you know, the one that has no such lock or seal on it. The documents are called HOWTO's e.g. How to set up a printer using CUPs, How to set up a small home network, and so on.

Yes, there will be a lot of reading. how much time you spend waiting for someone knowledgeable to answer your question depends on how much reading you already did, and how well you phrased your question. Go ahead, feel free to ask in these forums, or google for an answer. The forum is a good place for support, and the only silly question in these parts is the one that was never asked.There is a link up top to IRC, and if you catch them at a good time, feel free to say Hi, and post your question, although this is optional. You can switch to a different channel like #ubuntu or #linuxlinux and lurk there because the questions come rapid fire sometimes, and the answers could shed some light on your own problem e.g. How do I save this in pdf format so I can print it in color at the library?

Remember, too that for the commands there is an "online" manual like for the wireless configuration command iwconfig, one could type man iwconfig and the text manual will appear on your terminal so you can enter the command correctly iwconfig wlan0. For wired ethernet it would be something like ifconfig eth0 so you can view its status or change that somehow.

Welcome to the forums :)

In case you have a hard time choosing a shirt, pick the black one with the words "Bodhi Linux" on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users