• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 sket

sket

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

Hello, I would like to have a quick list of the applications in iBar. For thunderbird "compose, address book..." or firefox "new window, private window..." and many profiles (i use several profiles for thunderbird and firefox).

There is a way to have this quick list, or what can I do to have this?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

Yes it is possible

Please follow the Bodhi wiki how to create a personal launcher and after that, you can easily add it to the iBar. For example if you want to list all Firefox possibilities, just type firefox --help in terminal and for a new private window you have --private-window as firefox parameter.

I hope you could follow my instructions.

Stefan

#3 sket

sket

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

hello stefan, but in your way I should create a launcher for any option: one for private window, one for new window, one for one profile...

I want only one launcher with a quick list (right click) of all options. Is it possible?

I can ask another thing in this discussion about iBar?

The iBar in bodhi3 had preview when mouse over and a list of all windows open by application, why is not there more this feature in bodhi4?

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:46 AM

Do you mean ibar in Bodhi Linux 3.0 with e19? In this release was this feature. Moksha is an e17 fork thus we do not have this. Unfortunately it is not as easy to port code from higher e version back to Moksha. But let me do some research as we use last efl version. Maybe it is portable now...
About your quick list option. Hmm, I am not sure it is doable what you need. But iBar has got some advanced option. I will try to play with it and let you know if possible.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12504 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:25 AM

The feature about window previews will need compositing - so not something we will be bringing to Moksha.

#6 sket

sket

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

okay, and sorry for my all requests, but is it possible to create several iBar and add different iBar in different shelfs?

#7 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:09 PM

You can create another iBar source. 

e-581e2d5045ab98.80711642.jpg

As I added FM's. Then I added all File managers to it. So, now I have one shelf with iBar with 2 sources there.

PS: I think your request is possible to solve with a drawer module which is sadly very buggy and need some attention.

http://pclosmag.com/...012/page06.html

#8 sket

sket

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:40 PM

exactly, I really want the drawer, is there a way to get them?

I create a second, but... how can I add the second iBar in the shelf?

I find only one iBar in the availble contents, and if I add it, I see only the default iBar!

#9 ylee

ylee

King of the Software Page

• Moderators
  • 1580 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

exactly, I really want the drawer, is there a way to get them?

I create a second, but... how can I add the second iBar in the shelf?

I find only one iBar in the availble contents, and if I add it, I see only the default iBar!

The drawer is a module that is not fully functional in e17 or moksha hence Bodhi. I once worked for a bit trying to fix it but seem to have lost interest or time. You can get it by finding the source code and compiling it but I don't even think it will compile against Bodhi and current EFL stuff so I do not advise messing with it unless you know your way around programming enlightenment stuff.

On iBar you add a second instance and then change the source in the iBars settings. Hope that helps

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#10 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

I have compiled the drawer module successfully despite a lot of warnings. Anyway, there are some plugins which cause seqfaults. But, the launcher plugin (list design) works fine. Now I am considering the possibility of get rid all broken stuff from the module and let just working stuff there. The question is, if this is worth my time. I don't want to spent huge amount of time for one user (I beg your pardon).

Anyway, this is a working launcher screenshot (pop up after clicking the drawer gadget - right bottom corner). I must confess, this saves a lot of shelf space. 

BTW: I contacted the author of this module in the past and there is no possibility to fix it by himself...

7XtjKEd.jpg

#11 sket

sket

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

oh yes stefan, I agree.

but I surprise that only me find this feature really interesting.

with drawers, it is possible put many many contents in only one shelf.

#12 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

Lets wait some time and if more users will be interested, I will do it for you ;)

#13 sket

sket

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:02 PM

thank you... now I'm solving with several shelves...

but I would need several modules for a very good DE.

With a mail and calendar modules/indicators... this DE will be really unmatched by any other.

#14 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

Here is a list of all extra modules we can build for our last release. Mail and Calendar are among them. As far as Calendar is concerned, you have got calendar also under clock gadget...

https://github.com/t...a-modules-extra

So if you want some of them, build it by yourself or let us know in order to build a deb package...

Stefan

Calendar screenshot preview (also possible to put to the shelf)

http://i.imgur.com/KXZUfBP.jpg

#15 sket

sket

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

hello stefan, honestly I tried several time to compile, but I've never been able to do (I really don't know anything about programming).

at least once, however, I would like to succeed.

is there a guide? I want to try.

#16 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:04 AM

Of course I will help you :)

1. At first you need to install all dev dependecies this way:

sudo apt-get install libpoppler-cpp-dev check curl git dh-make pkg-config autoconf fakeroot dialog sudo libdbus-1-dev udev dbus libssl-dev libjpeg-dev libtiff5-dev libxpm-dev libgif-dev libwebp-dev libraw-dev librsvg2-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libsdl2-dev libluajit-5.1-dev libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig-dev libpoppler-dev libfribidi-dev libx11-dev libxcursor-dev libxrender-dev libxrandr-dev libxfixes-dev libxdamage-dev libxcomposite-dev libxss-dev libxext-dev libxinerama-dev libxft-dev libxfont-dev libxi-dev libxv-dev libxkbfile-dev libxres-dev libxtst-dev libx11-xcb-dev libxcb-shape0-dev libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-keysyms1-dev xserver-xephyr libasound-dev libdbus-1-dev libltdl7-dev libxml2-dev libpam0g-dev libgstreamer1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-good1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev libpulse-dev libsndfile-dev libudev-dev libmount-dev libblkid-dev libbullet-dev libgnutls-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libc-ares-dev libharfbuzz-dev libspectre-dev libvlc-dev util-linux dbus-x11 alsa pulseaudio python-all-dev python-pillow python-pyrex python-dbus python-dbus-dev uuid-runtime autopoint

2. Then you need to git clone the repository:

git clone https://github.com/thewaiter/moksha-modules-extra

3. cd to moksha-modules-extra/folder you want

4. ./autogen.sh

5. make

6. sudo make install

7. Enjoying the new module :)

#17 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12504 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Most all of those modules should be in the repos. Which are missing?

#18 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1635 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

I will list all available extra modules in bodhi repository:

moksha-calendar

moksha-clipboard

moksha-cpu

moksha-engage

moksha-flame

moksha-forecasts

moksha-mem

moksha-penguins

moksha-pulsemixer

moksha-rain

For example mail-moksha does not work. Needs to rebuild. I think the same for all other modules. 

I also suggest respecting moksha-module name convention for better installing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users