6 replies to this topic

#1 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4314 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

Bodhi Linux has been nominated for price-winning project of the month January 2017.

Voting is possible till December 15. All you need is an account at Sourceforge so you can login.

LINK

Enjoy,

Charles

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 2.4.0-64 & Bodhi 3.0.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 2.4.0-32 non-pae & Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 graywizardlinux

graywizardlinux

Bodhi Supporter

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:00 AM

Great news.  Bodhi really has ben the finest distro i have ever used since i began trying to get linux up and running - a long time ago.

i could not see using any other distro after this last year with Bodhi.

#3 Astroboy

Astroboy

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationZacatecas, Mexico

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

What bothers me is that the full description for Bodhi Linux to attract voters in https://sourceforge....-january-2017/ is awfully short: "Bodhi is a minimalistic, enlightened, Linux desktop". That's all. I don't know if that's enough for someone who does not know Bodhi, but compare the Bodhi description with the extensive and clear descriptions of the other nominated projects...

#4 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4314 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

There is one other OS in the list. I don't see that much difference in the description. The other projects seem to need it as they are (unlike Bodhi and Antix) really unknown to the majority of the readers/voters.

Enjoy,

Charles

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 2.4.0-64 & Bodhi 3.0.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 2.4.0-32 non-pae & Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy

#5 Astroboy

Astroboy

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationZacatecas, Mexico

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Well, the description for antiX-Linux is a bit more extensive, and very clear: "antiX is a fast, lightweight and easy to install Linux live CD distribution based on Debian Testing for Intel-AMD x86 compatible systems."

In ours, only two words describe it: "minimalistic" (which can be understood, but open to own interpretations) and "enlightened" (a slang that can be correctly understood only by the people that know about the Enlightenment roots of Bodhi). Don't know if that would be enough to attract potential voters, aside from the ones that already know Bodhi...

Disfruta, SeƱor Carlos,

Astroboy :lol:

#6 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4314 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

The descriptions are the exact descriptions as used on the first page of their respective sourceforge project pages. Those two words seem to have been enough to attract thousands of people over the years, seen the download numbers and the ranking among linux-distros.

Disfrutar de la vida, amigo,

Charles  :D

#7 <-sef>

<-sef>

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 221 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

Today is the last day to vote!

<-sef>

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first,
or as hopeless as it seems in the middle,
or as finished as it seems in the end.