BhodiLinux 3.2.1 - DE removed - Reinstallation needed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nuanda

Nuanda

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

I had some issues with some dependancies from a packet. So i used autoremove and unfortunately it uninstalled moksha/e17 at all. As you imagine the system does not start anymore, or at least, the gui does not start. I tryed to reinstall it by recovery mode but everytime an error is listed:"Impossible to resolve packages.bhodilinux.com/pool/main..:" and i can't do anything. 

Probably is a problem os repo? Please help me, many thanks!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12325 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Can you post the full error message? If your system has an active internet connection the 3.x repos are very much alive and well. Should be as easy as running:

sudo apt-get install bodhi-deskop

To get Moksha back.

#3 Nuanda

Nuanda

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

Can you post the full error message? If your system has an active internet connection the 3.x repos are very much alive and well. Should be as easy as running:

sudo apt-get install bodhi-deskop

To get Moksha back.

Well, it does not work, same errors. Actually i'm writing from another pc and it's hard to copy errors. Btw, does wifi works on recovery mode? 

#4 Elw3

Elw3

• Moderators
  • 1769 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:26 PM

Unable to resolve is the error for no network, so this would be the problem.
Wifi needs the network applet to start automatically, therefore the gui. Lan cables on the other hand should work.
You could of course use terminal commands to start it.
To test the connection jut type "ping 8.8.8.8" for example.

Can you give us more details about what package you installed before? Loosing the whole gui is some serious shit that should not happen and therefore needs to be checked.
Bad Wolf

#5 Nuanda

Nuanda

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Unable to resolve is the error for no network, so this would be the problem.
Wifi needs the network applet to start automatically, therefore the gui. Lan cables on the other hand should work.
You could of course use terminal commands to start it.
To test the connection jut type "ping 8.8.8.8" for example.

Can you give us more details about what package you installed before? Loosing the whole gui is some serious shit that should not happen and therefore needs to be checked.

Well, so that's why i'm unable to download everything. Can i turn on wifi from terminal? Ping does not reach the host, so connection is actually down.

By the way, i've installed 2 versions of python and this caused some troubles with dependencies when removed.

I just typed autoremove to delete all "useless" dependancies but seems that it actually deleted more of them. Of course it's my bad that did not read carefully the list of all dependencies being removed . 

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12325 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

Can you boot into a non-recovery mode? You can press ctrl+alt+f1 to drop to a terminal from there and network manager should remember any saved wireless connections I believe.

#7 Nuanda

Nuanda

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

Can you boot into a non-recovery mode? You can press ctrl+alt+f1 to drop to a terminal from there and network manager should remember any saved wireless connections I believe.

Well i did it but the terminal does not recognize the password for root. I typed it 3 times exactly but the consolle states "Login incorrect"

#8 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4313 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:31 PM

I remember making a mistake not long ago. First thing it asks is not your password, but your username. After it has recognized that it asks for your user password next.

Enjoy,

Charles.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 2.4.0-64 & Bodhi 3.0.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 2.4.0-32 non-pae & Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy

#9 Nuanda

Nuanda

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

I remember making a mistake not long ago. First thing it asks is not your password, but your username. After it has recognized that it asks for your user password next.

Enjoy,

Charles.

Many thanks. Unfortunately neither this works. It always states Login is incorrect.

#10 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12325 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:02 AM

Remember Ubuntu / Bodhi do not have a root user enabled by default since they used sudo.

#11 Nuanda

Nuanda

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

Remember Ubuntu / Bodhi do not have a root user enabled by default since they used sudo.

Well actually i do not use any login at the startup. So i do not have pwd for the non-sudo account.Consolle in rec mode states "Marco login" wich is actually my name. But i don't know the name of the user account. I tried "marco" or "Marco" but nithing occur. By the way, i'll try with a cable connection later, wich command should i run? I already removed every python packages that causes issues so now apt should not be blocked.

#12 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4313 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

Hmm, if you did not provide a username at install, but only your Name as the user of the computer (Marco) than there is a chance that the system username is "bodhi" ( no quotes , small characters) The password is probably the same as for root as the user provided at the installation by default has sudo-rights.

Worth a try.

Enjoy,

Charles

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 2.4.0-64 & Bodhi 3.0.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 2.4.0-32 non-pae & Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy

#13 Nuanda

Nuanda

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:56 PM

Hmm, if you did not provide a username at install, but only your Name as the user of the computer (Marco) than there is a chance that the system username is "bodhi" ( no quotes , small characters) The password is probably the same as for root as the user provided at the installation by default has sudo-rights.

Worth a try.

Enjoy,

Charles

Nothing to do neither on this way. Maybe the best solution is install bhodi 4 but i would not lose my data :(

#14 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4313 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

You can use SystemRescueCD to recover your system and copy your data over to an external drive. But personally I'm not familiar with the tools it uses.

LINK

Using a Bodhi 3.2.1 LiveCD and making use of chroot would also be an option, but it is somewhat complex for someone not familiar with the terminal.

Enjoy,

Charles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users