Photo

Bodhi's "Run Everything" on Ubuntu Xenial?

run everything xenial 16.04 run everything ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Koesherbacon

Koesherbacon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:46 AM

Hi Bodhi Users & Developers!

I'm not quite ready to make the plunge into a complete Bodhi system just yet; I still have to backup quite a bit of before I make the switch from my current Frankensteined 16.04 Xenial LTS distro I'm currently using (it started out as as Peppermint 7 and now I have no idea what it would be called since it has many aspects of Fluxbox, i3, BunsenLabs, and others).

Anyway, while I'm in the process of getting the computer ready for the switch to Bodh, I wanted to know if there's a way I could install and try out the "Run Everything" feature.

I already have Bodhi's PPA installed, trusted and enabled as shown below:

deb http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi xenial b4main

and have http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi/pool/main/ saved in my bookmarks as well.  So downloading and installing whichever packages I would need shouldn't be a problem.  I'm just unsure what package I should download and install in order to try "Run Everything", if it's even possible.

If it is not possible without installing Enlightenment and/or Moksha entirely, then I'll just wait for a little while and try them after Bodhi is safely installed onto my computer. 

However, if it is possible, I would really appreciate some guidance as to which package or packages should be installed to get this to work without installing the entire desktop/wm since I'm going to be wiping the root partition of my HDD very soon anyway.

Thanks a lot and Happy New Year!

^_^

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12504 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:06 AM

The everything / quick launcher is a Moksha module and you will need the desktop running in order to utilize it.

Welcome to the boards :)

#3 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

Like Jeff said, you could simply install moksha and before you log in to your system select moksha instead of whichever desktop environment you are currently using. When you finally log in, you will have access to all of your installed applications. I run moksha on an Arch install thanks to Fusion109(?).

#4 Koesherbacon

Koesherbacon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:48 AM

birdmun: What exactly is Fusion109?  I realize that might be a little off topic, but since I've never heard of it I'd like to learn about what it is.  Thanks!

#5 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

http://forums.bodhil...atives/?hl=arch

Should have been Fusion809 and "it" is a person. He packaged up moksha so that Arch users could run that desktop without having to compile it on their own.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: run everything, xenial, 16.04, run, everything, ubuntu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users