4 replies to this topic

#1 lpb331

lpb331

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

All,

After the Windows 10 anniversary update borked my Bodhi Linux partition, I decided to install Arch Linux and get Moksha running on that.  I was able to do so, but there are a few minor issues I can't resolve:

1) The places module doesn't show any partitions at all, not even this partition's filesystem.  (Sounds like this is a known issue, but I didn't see anything on fixing it.  If I missed it, let me know.)

2) Possibly related, but pcmanfm doesn't mount partitions immediately when I click on them.  (I have a Windows partition.)  At this point, I get a prompt to enter my password.  Afterwards, the partition is mounted.  I have polkit-gnome and udiskie installed (USB sticks automount and unmount when asked immediately).  How can I get it to mount the partition without entering a password?

3) The battery and temperature modules refuse to load.  When I try to load them, I get the error message "Module does not contain all needed functions."  I'm not sure how to even figure out which functions those would be.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1427 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

1. Places module needs udisks package installed (maybe udisks2 is also worth installing). Be aware it works just with version 1.0.5. Maybe newer. We had old version in BL 4.0 firstly and it did not work. After some investigation I had found the solution. Hmm, if I remember there was needed one more package but I dont know its name...

EDIT: Ahh, I have found it: libparted0debian1. So I am not sure if possible to find under ARCH. 

3. Battery and temperature modules are part of Moksha core. Not extra module like Places. At this point hardly to say what is wrong. Anyway, have you followed Fusion's guide of Moksha installing under Arch?

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Those modules just read out kernel functions. Either your hardware or kernel doesn't support what Moksha needs for them to get their readings with that message most likely.

#4 lpb331

lpb331

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

@thewaiter: I installed udisks and parted in Arch Linux.  Reboot, and it works!  Thanks!  As far as how I installed it, I used yaourt to grab the pkgbuild and build the moksha package.  I didn't notice anything while it installed, though admittedly with two kids nearby I wasn't paying close attention.

@Jeff: Previously I had Bodhi 4.0.0 on here, and both modules worked in Moksha.  FWIW, I had them working in e21 in Arch earlier this year.  Thus, I don't believe it's the hardware, and I would think due to e21 working makes me think that their kernel shouldn't be at fault either.  Is there anything Bodhi would install that would help with reading things?  A bit of Googling says that e17 had those read via acpi, so I installed that package in Arch, but no luck.  (Perhaps I should recompile Moksha now that I have acpi installed...)  Is there a log too that might give a hint?

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12328 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:59 AM

I honestly haven't looked into the internals of those modules ever. They've always "just worked" on the Ubuntu base Bodhi has and have never had a reason to crack them open from the upstream E code we forked from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users